Ice Pet Behavior Inaccurately Nerfed

Find any bug ? Report it !
Bladed Queen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Ice Pet Behavior Inaccurately Nerfed

Ice pets were changed to reflect live behavior, which is likely inaccurate for this older patch level. I am posting here in hopes the change will be reverted.

Below is video footage of the ice pet behavior I expect - continuing to cast even at melee range until directly struck. The pet then disengages from melee combat when the enemy target moves out of range, after a brief delay. The target then steps into range again without striking the ice pet, clearly demonstrating that the pet does NOT swap back to melee based on proximity.

This video is from the official Pendragon server and is closer to Eden's patch level than the live version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GSb0WQzW0I

I would also add that if the decision is made to keep this nerfed newer behavior, the ice pet should at least finish its cast when a target approaches - it should not instantly disrupt its own cast and permanently remain in melee mode even after a target leaves melee range. The implication of that in RvR and many PvE situations is dire and has already caused theurgists to abandon the spec, because these pets are not effective whatsoever in melee combat.
Gaven
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Ice Pet Behavior Inaccurately Nerfed

Not directly countering your statement regarding melee’ing a pet in 2018 or your memory.

But here’s Daoc classic Gareth, server this is based on, December 18th and 19th 2007 footage:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxTV237iHXy1 ... 19NyKPLlG4

Ice pet is cast at 3:41
Gets put into melee mode at 3:47 (start of clip)
Stays in melee on its target Hikuron until it dies at 4:07.

Once hit, it doesn’t appear ice pets can go back to casting in classic era, counter to that 2018 clip.

However,
There is a similar situation to what I *think* you are remembering at 6:07.
When a ice pet is cast on top of a target (firby bard it seems) and it begins by melee’ing, it does later switch to casting when the target moves away.
But it never seems to have been hit, so maybe that’s the primary difference. When put into melee due to distance but not touched it can revert?
When it get’s bard DD’d later it goes back to chasing it’s target to melee.