Reaver good or bad?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
kØØk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Reaver good or bad?

I'm not sure if it is just me, but Reaver seems to struggle to fight anything solo at low levels. Is this why nobody plays them? lol
Dranith / Mura
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Reaver good or bad?

They're the class I really want to like. I feel like they're ok at doing a lot of things, but not amazing at anything at all. As a shield peeler they are outclassed by Arms and to a lesser extent pallies. As an interrupter they are outclassed by theurgs. The biggest perk to bringing a reaver is that they can guard a target while still putting out max dps, unlike Arms/Pals who need to put away their big toys to guard.

I think it takes a very dedicated person to make a reaver work well.

All that said though, they are a blast at higher levels and are wonderful to have in pve groups as off-tanks for guarding the MT and debuffing all the things. I am currently leveling a reaver as my secondary character, but I'm not sure how much RvR they will get to see outside of zerging due to class metas.
Godfrey
Esquire
Esquire

Honestly, despite their lacking attributes to a grp, we need more TWF’s out there. Its such a powerful ability for sieges that our BG’s almost never have.
Gildar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Godfrey wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:59 am Honestly, despite their lacking attributes to a grp, we need more TWF’s out there. Its such a powerful ability for sieges that our BG’s almost never have.
This !!!

We need alot more TWF in sieges and in open field fights too :)

Anyway Reavers struggle first levels but with some RR under the belt they become a blast :D
MMM
Wanderer
Wanderer

Gildar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:12 am
Godfrey wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:59 am Honestly, despite their lacking attributes to a grp, we need more TWF’s out there. Its such a powerful ability for sieges that our BG’s almost never have.
This !!!

We need alot more TWF in sieges and in open field fights too :)

Anyway Reavers struggle first levels but with some RR under the belt they become a blast :D

38 Reaver here just for TWF help me level name is Goldie
Freudinio
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yet they rarely get a group in zerg warfare, since everybody wants casters.
Blitze
Wanderer
Wanderer

They are a great class. sadly, this custom setting is a really bad one for them. (no slam-Levi-Levi-Levi-Levi... no reaver bomb, etc)

Therefore, if you are a regular Reaver player, you'd probably not enjoy feeling this weak; and if you are just a hybrid lover, VWs and Thanes simply outclass them.

However, they still are great and TWF is excellent.
Zergjerk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Reavers are good debends on how you want to play em. I'm using flex untill i hit 50 then going slash (47.5atm). 40 slash 42 shield 50 SR rest parry. Just the temp will be hard as i want max spell range and spell pierce.

Once u hit rr3 soloing enemy stealths will be nice and simple RRs.
Dakkhon
Esquire
Esquire

So what specs are you guys toying with or really like playing on the Reaver now?
_vayne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Blitze wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:02 pm They are a great class. sadly, this custom setting is a really bad one for them. (no slam-Levi-Levi-Levi-Levi... no reaver bomb, etc)

Why not slam levi levi levi?

Levi has no prequisite on this server so it should work imo. Asking because im leveling one right now :D and it is (was!?) stupidly strong i remember.