How to install Eden on Steam Deck (linux)

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
Twinsen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: How to install Eden on Steam Deck (linux)

AntimicroX is in the software store in desktop mode. If you prefer to play DAOC in desktop mode it is an unbelievably wonderful key mapping tool for the gamepad. GUI and intuitive.

You might need to use a bluetooth keyboard or dock to get all the bindings and things set up, but afterwards you can play pretty well with this tool for most classes. I think there are 14 (16 with joystick presses and 18 with touchpad presses) buttons you can map. Tab targetting goes a long way and you can set a key for mouseclick toggle.

I am very happy with playing this way. Also FWIW antimicrox works great for any game and you can save and export profiles.
Rothom
Wanderer
Wanderer

game often does not launch because the discord authorization doesnt pop up. Any suggestions?
Tyrvidar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Install Chrome, it will default to Chrome. Login to Discord in Chrome before you do it so it all auths fine. - Mint user
Spy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi all,
So I have eden up and running on desktop mode, via lutris, but can't get it working on steamOS mode.
Lutris opens fine, I click play and it loads up the eden launcher and when I click the launch box, it just hangs. I presume this is where it's trying to load up the discord authentication window, but it's not triggering.
I tried having chrome open first and logging in to discord as suggested previously but is not making a difference.
For anyone that has figured this last element out, please let me know as I am at my wit's end!
Thanks
andy4gs
Wanderer
Wanderer

I have the same problem. In desktop mode I cant load my mapping and the keyboard wont open as well.
Is there a way to start in game mode? It not even starts the launcher for me in game mode.
Hope somebody would post a fix or a hint. Thanks
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

Original by headies on Discord:

"I know people (including me) have been wondering how to run Eden on the Steam Deck SteamOS (gaming mode). After researching it and reading some comments on the youtube video describing how to install Eden on desktop mode, I figured out how. The steps are:

Install Eden and Daoc using the guide found on youtube (search for something like: install eden daoc steam deck)
Add Eden as a non-steam game in desktop mode
Install chrome on your deck. There are a few methods of doing this; another youtube search should help you. Make sure you can open it in gaming mode.

To run Eden in gaming mode:

Open chrome. Head to the eden-daoc.net website.
Click on Play Now on the main page, then scroll down and hit Play Eden. Enter your credentials and save everything. I favorited this page so I can easily open it when I open Chrome.
Chrome should paste a code to your clipboard. Accept this if needed. Ignore the popup about opening some kind of app.
Press the steam button and go back to the home screen. Open Eden from gaming mode.
When Eden opens, open the virtual keyboard with steam button+X and there is an option to paste found on the bottom right near the spacebar.
Hit paste and Eden should load.

This is great because you can easily use the controller config to optimize the deck for playing Daoc. I hope this helps someone. "
Amnesia is the best button in the game.
Spy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi Rtha,
I went through all steps you explained. Chrome working fine but eden not. I added eden.exe as the file to add game to steam. Presume that's right?
When I authorise via Google I go to home, open eden.exe and it just doesn't load.
When I run eden in desktop mode, it does it through lutris, so what am I doing wrong here? Did you have to do anything extra to get the .exe to work through steamOS?
Many thanks in advance