SMITE Cleric?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
pchappo
Wanderer
Wanderer

SMITE Cleric?

will you make smite cleric's viable? :)
kØØk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: SMITE Cleric?

I would like to second this! at least buff them slightly
Cartesii
Wanderer
Wanderer

It would help if they add the heal/grp/pbae heals to the smiter spec dd+ spec aoe.
Even the numbers are not great, it would push it a bit.

Same with spec menta menta dd.
fabsley
Esquire
Esquire

yep, mentalism spec surely needs some more love :P
Palad1n
Wanderer
Wanderer

I would love to see Cleric get a little love to make Smite spec viable. I am having a hard time getting groups, to many clerics apparently, but I love the class. I played back 15+ years ago when it first released, was smite cleric then, loved it till they nerfed it into the ground =(

Just a small boost would really help, esp when you compare us to our counter parts
Merideath
Wanderer
Wanderer

Is a boost to the class needed, or are the woos really about player mentality and suffering from years of others wanting to dictate how others play?

For the longest time now the DAoC culture has been focused on min/max. That's fine for a particular playstyle but leaves nothing for those of us who want something different.

Smite clerics definitely have their place in zerg/realm warfare. As someone who loves to play a smiter, I'd also argue that the unique abilities also offer a lot to groups when they are allowed to play that way. Because I've never been interested in min/max, during my 20 years of playing DAoC, I've had to learn to play with others who are of a similar mindset. My main has always been a tri-spec necro. It's hard for people who read forums and play paper DAoC to understand what "non conforming" players bring to the fights.

My experience has also been that finding a group/guild that is more interested in playing the game and enjoying all that comes with it makes it easy to play any class with any spec (even an xbow arms) because it isn't about min/max, it's about the community. I do accept that my definition of fun is not the same someone else's. That being said, what changes would you like to see to the cleric smite line?
Dakkhon
Esquire
Esquire

Merideath wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:33 am Is a boost to the class needed, or are the woos really about player mentality and suffering from years of others wanting to dictate how others play?

For the longest time now the DAoC culture has been focused on min/max. That's fine for a particular playstyle but leaves nothing for those of us who want something different.

Smite clerics definitely have their place in zerg/realm warfare. As someone who loves to play a smiter, I'd also argue that the unique abilities also offer a lot to groups when they are allowed to play that way. Because I've never been interested in min/max, during my 20 years of playing DAoC, I've had to learn to play with others who are of a similar mindset. My main has always been a tri-spec necro. It's hard for people who read forums and play paper DAoC to understand what "non conforming" players bring to the fights.

My experience has also been that finding a group/guild that is more interested in playing the game and enjoying all that comes with it makes it easy to play any class with any spec (even an xbow arms) because it isn't about min/max, it's about the community. I do accept that my definition of fun is not the same someone else's. That being said, what changes would you like to see to the cleric smite line?
Maybe a smidge more damage and faster casting. Or even a insta stun like the healer single target not aoe. Anyone of those or a combo would be nice. Heck even a 2H weapon lol
Duvel
Wanderer
Wanderer

What is the best spec for Smite cleric?
47 smite the rest rejuv?