Eden Launcher stuck on "Connecting..."

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Eden Launcher stuck on "Connecting..."

I downloaded both the client and launcher and then patched the client. I start the Eden launcher and point it to the game.dll but once I client "Launch Eden" the bottom left-hand corner says, "Connecting..." and stays that way. My connection is good but the launcher does not seem to patch/run.

- I did all of this and rebooted but that didn't solve it
- I uninstalled everything, rebooted, and did it all again but that didn't work
- I did the above step and then rebooted after re-installing but that didn't work either

Please assist.
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Eden Launcher stuck on "Connecting..."

I added "213.133.104.14 eden-daoc.net" to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file but it still didn't work.
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Checked Windows Security & Firewall and Eden has access
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

from the EdenLauncher txt file;

EdenLauncher Verbose: 1 : Updater [EdenLauncherUpdater.exe] - No source to update from
EdenLauncher Verbose: 2 : Updater [EdenLauncherUpdater.pdb] - No source to update from
EdenLauncher Verbose: 3 : UIPhase [IdleVisible]
EdenLauncher Verbose: 4 : UIPhase [PatchingLauncher]
EdenLauncher Verbose: 5 : UIPhase [IdleVisible]
EdenLauncher Verbose: 6 : UIPhase [Connecting]
EdenLauncher Verbose: 7 : WS Connecting to wss://game.eden-daoc.net:60003/9f1cf3fc-3c2f-4e8f-a852-4411e3299fc3
EdenLauncher Verbose: 8 : WebSocket Opened
EdenLauncher Verbose: 9 : WS Connected
EdenLauncher Verbose: 10 : WS Received
Dire
Wanderer
Wanderer

try using "pathping 213.133.104.14" in command prompt. I suggest not posting the info it gives -- just state whether you had any timeouts and if so, did it recover during the end. If it was never sent, then it's on your end. If it timed out, it could be a few things such as a firewall configured not to respond thus it passed it through to the next destination but did not reveal its response. If it never routed, then it's somewhere on your side IMO and If I were you, would look into TCP blocks since websockets utilize TCP and not UDP.

I'm still learning this stuff so maybe someone more qualified could chime in. If it never reached the destination (the IP you put in) but it showed it pathed all the way to its final point then failed, then it's something on their side or the way it's trying to pass traffic onto the IP by the host it's coming from (the one that passed your packets to the IP you wanted to pathping).

I know you said you checked your Windows Defender Firewall but check the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. You would set a New Rule then "Custom Rule" and target "EdenLauncherUpdater.exe" as the program and choose "TCP" specific port 60003, remote port 60003.

Also, after your Verbose 10, it's supposed to
"Ws Received" your oauth through your discordapp.com client id authorization link which redirects to game.eden-daoc.net's oauth2 ,
then perform a UIPhase,
then WS Received oauth2 response key,
then start Patching Game/Starting Game phase.
(in that order)

Hopefully, some of this info helps. Are you logged into discord through your default browser? I noticed if I wasn't but was logged in via the Windows Client, it wouldn't detect that I was logged into discord so just in case, I logged into both (hey, I had to double my bases lol).
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dire wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:57 am try using "pathping 213.133.104.14" in command prompt. I suggest not posting the info it gives -- just state whether you had any timeouts and if so, did it recover during the end. If it was never sent, then it's on your end. If it timed out, it could be a few things such as a firewall configured not to respond thus it passed it through to the next destination but did not reveal its response. If it never routed, then it's somewhere on your side IMO and If I were you, would look into TCP blocks since websockets utilize TCP and not UDP.

I'm still learning this stuff so maybe someone more qualified could chime in. If it never reached the destination (the IP you put in) but it showed it pathed all the way to its final point then failed, then it's something on their side or the way it's trying to pass traffic onto the IP by the host it's coming from (the one that passed your packets to the IP you wanted to pathping).

I know you said you checked your Windows Defender Firewall but check the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. You would set a New Rule then "Custom Rule" and target "EdenLauncherUpdater.exe" as the program and choose "TCP" specific port 60003, remote port 60003.

Also, after your Verbose 10, it's supposed to
"Ws Received" your oauth through your discordapp.com client id authorization link which redirects to game.eden-daoc.net's oauth2 ,
then perform a UIPhase,
then WS Received oauth2 response key,
then start Patching Game/Starting Game phase.
(in that order)

Hopefully, some of this info helps. Are you logged into discord through your default browser? I noticed if I wasn't but was logged in via the Windows Client, it wouldn't detect that I was logged into discord so just in case, I logged into both (hey, I had to double my bases lol).
Thanks for trying to help. I get to the 15th hop "if-ae-49-2.tcore2.pvu-paris.as6453.net" and then it goes to "Computing statistics for 375 seconds..."
it does complete the trace.

Verbose 11 is showing WS Received, and it contains the discord info. I didn't want to post the whole string as it is long and I don't know how much of it is personal.
Dire
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yeah, don't post the string as it actually does contain some sensitive info.

I'm thinking that since it is receiving the information for discord, it is completing the route, and the WebSockets are stating it is connecting and receiving then I am out of options on what it could be. It would be best to see what the Admins think it could be since they can check on their end what is going on and if it's an internal failing WebSocket occurring on their end or something else going on. *shrug* Wish I could be of more help.

I do know that "nmap" can determine whether a port is actually opening so maybe do some research into using that and see if the port is actually opening on your end and not in a loopback without actually exiting your network to the internet but the linux version is what I am refering to. Not everyone has a linux box to test this (windows port sucks so don't use it).

You could try using "netstat" in the command prompt with some of its arguments such as "-ano" to check the state of ports and host <-> destination that said traffic is going through.. Example: "netstat -ano" or just type "netstat ?" if you want its help list on what they do.

The idea would be to run the command while you're making the attempt to initiate the connection through the eden launcher then it will show up in the command prompt while performing the command regarding destination; port; port state (etc)...
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

One thing I am doing differently is I installed DAOC and Eden in a different drive, not my system drive. I'm not sure if this is affecting everything. I did make sure Eden was mapped to the correct game.dll but when i click Launch, it just sits at Connecting...
Rickerz
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is a long shot, but you do have a web browser set as a default app for opening web pages, correct? You'll get that "forever connecting" issue, if not.
QQkaChu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Tried with Firefox and Chrome, no luck