Full CC immunity/Breaking your own CC and Pet pulse charm - Minstrel, mentalist

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Electronic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Full CC immunity/Breaking your own CC and Pet pulse charm - Minstrel, mentalist

I posted this here in the feedback section because I'm not sure if it's working as intended or if it's a bug. Please move to the proper section if needed.

Hey Eden team/players, can you please tell me if it's working as intended to have a minstrel instantly break their own mezz if they release the pet charm? From my understanding (haven't tested on live yet, but plan to) When I blanket Mezz a minstrel, they should be mezzed until one of two things happens. Purge, or they get demezzed via a group mate.

I recently tested this with a guildy on Eden server dueling with a Mentalist, me playing a bard. I had him release his pet and it instantly broke the mezz on his pet and then himself when canceling the pet charm pulse, then having to re-cast it. For Minstrel obviously it's instant, while the mentalist is not. My concern is that this is not live like and is giving any charm pet class immunity to all CC if used properly. I'm really intrigued in seeing if this is actually working as intended, why it would stay this way and not be fixed with CC being pretty much useless for these classes if you don't instantly kill their pet?

I do remember this being something that was done on live, but I do not remember if it's working as intended to be able to drop your pet charm while you're sitting there CC'd to remove the mezz on your pet first, then yourself when it attacks you. I thought it required some form of purge or demezz first in order for you to be able to turn off the pet charm.
Poplik
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Full CC immunity/Breaking your own CC and Pet pulse charm - Minstrel, mentalist

Yeah mentalist can do the same, just release the pet instead of cancelling the charm, the pet will lose mezz and instantly attack, then the next pulse of the charm recharms it.
It's been like that on other servers but yeah it's really weird that this is a thing, just instantly demezzing yourself. It's not even some high skill thing, literally just release the pet and it breaks both mezzes and recharms.
I think that if they removed losing the CC on pet release that would be a good balance so if you land a blanket mezz or mezz the pet first you have at least some counterplay.
Warden
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Full CC immunity/Breaking your own CC and Pet pulse charm - Minstrel, mentalist

I agree with you. Even though I play on Alb it drives me nuts that Minstrels (and Menta aswell) can do it. It makes NO SENS at all in terms of game mechanics because releasing is NOT an offensive spell. It is NOT a spell whatsoever.

If minst and menta keeps it then make that my Sorcerer's pet demezz on release aswell.
Blackie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Easy fix on this problem.

Put a 7 second cast time on ability to charm a pet.
If you release a charmed pet it will go neutral and you will have a 30 seconds CD on charm ability.

Hunters can do this to.
Markus Tyroller
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi all,

i have the same feeling about this.
Its been claimed in other posts as well, like viewtopic.php?t=1228