Ban autohotkey

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ban autohotkey

Keirsti wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:28 pm
Electronic wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:14 pm If it's a complicated button press and you need a 3rd party automation tool, maybe play a different game. At a certain point it's taking the fun out of the game for anyone not using it, if you need it to compete, you're the problem.
Not that I'll be doing it on Eden, but I played 8v8 Paladin for 3-5 hours, 5 days a week, for 3+ years (and solo during that same window + a couple of years before it), and I have no doubt twisting was a bigger contributor to short-term wrist problems I had then and longer-term ones I'll develop as I continue to get older.

While I agree that people may be using macro keyboards/AHK-type stuff to macro things that should be manual, keep in mind that the appeal of these tools In some cases is not about avoiding "complicated button presses" but for more pragmatic and practical benefits. I was staunchly against using AHK back when I played paladin but boy do I regret that now.
Yup, now we have AHK being used outside it's intended use.. Assassins use it, scripts now auto purge, auto heal based on % values of HP. It's being used outside of the excuse of carpal tunnel.. Besides.. we don't see guitarists using scripts to play their guitar because carpal tunnel. It's being used out of laziness.. Again with the guitar reference- would we be able to brag about how good a guitarist is if he's using a script to auto play a whole solo when they strum once XD no.. we dont :P

I would be fine with it but it's too superior when used on most classes in DAoC.. There are even Heros with a script (if they are shield/LW) where they can use 1 button to do their anytime/positional styles with LW and /face and auto swap back to shield. where all you have to do is press 1 button and you'll go from using a shield, to swapping to a LW and doing a style, then automatically swapping back to the shield.. So you stay using Shield for max defense while your swing timer for LW is going through.

When it's used outside of the game's normalcy- it's problematic and clearly advantageous vs any human without AHK in the same situation.. Honestly... the whole "My fingers hurt" or "My wrists hurt" needs to stop being used as if it's the main reason why it was used on their end. We all know gamers rarely have wrist/finger problems.. we get better.. Millions of people play games all day, 12 hour a day or more and j**k off 17 times a day and still get on the next day to repeat daily/weekly... This issue with AHK is about people wanting an edge vs their opponent.. AHK vs AHK or otherwise.
Keirsti
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:12 am Honestly... the whole "My fingers hurt" or "My wrists hurt" needs to stop being used as if it's the main reason why it was used on their end. We all know gamers rarely have wrist/finger problems.. we get better.. Millions of people play games all day, 12 hour a day or more and j**k off 17 times a day and still get on the next day to repeat daily/weekly... This issue with AHK is about people wanting an edge vs their opponent.. AHK vs AHK or otherwise.
I tend to agree with the rest of your post thinking on it more, yeah, but as an aside re: this point - I think a lot of 'gamers' *do* have wrist/finger problems and just ignore them until it's a problem lol.

I'm in a large community/clan for another game and we've had at least five or six people have to actually fully drop games or SIGNIFICANTLY cut back due to RSI or other issues over the last couple of years. We lost two people from Lost Ark after two or three months because of it (and one guy still has lingering issues), one guy dropped RTS games because he would start to get pretty intense joint pain after like 20-30m, one person had to take a good six months off from games and just played TTRPGs with us because they couldn't do anything that required too much effort (even things like trying to grip a pen or pencil would cause a ton of discomfort), one had to stop playing any sort of higher APM/reaction time KB/M games and can play controller-based games for limited times before it becomes too much, and one dude had to get out of speedrunning Earthbound because he ruined some joints/ligaments or something (it's been like *two years* and he still can't use an SNES controller).

I guess what I'm getting at with this tangent is, for anyone reading this, if you find yourself playing and you *do* have some soreness - especially if it persists or 'gets worse' - don't risk it to twist it.
Last edited by Keirsti on Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

hitting one button to play your character

and voiding all human reaction of sometimes fumbling / pressing wrong keys / havin a good time playin / slippin up / playing yer whole character for you / all human error is erased

its hacking ban it
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

stop trying to justify your hacking

you know your a cheater you know you have unfair robot reactors / accuracy with it

you know all you have to do is press one button

its cheating
Drughen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Its the same thing as all mouse and keyboard software programs that were bought the last 10 years so should we also ban all keybords and mouses that were made before 2010?

So the only way is to allow it since it does the same thing as mouse/keybord software and you cant ban them all then there will be no ppl left.
ExcretusMaximus
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:12 am Yup, now we have AHK being used outside it's intended use.. Assassins use it, scripts now auto purge, auto heal based on % values of HP.
You are so full of shit I can smell your breath through my monitor.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:36 am
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:12 am Yup, now we have AHK being used outside it's intended use.. Assassins use it, scripts now auto purge, auto heal based on % values of HP.
I dont understand why you are defending hackers when you know this is happening
you must be one
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

rgarrett wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:21 am
you must be one
Just to clear up any confusion, this is what the definition of a hacker is.

hack·er
/ˈhakər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: hacker; plural noun: hackers

1. a person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

2. a person or thing that hacks or cuts roughly.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Vladamire wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:55 am
rgarrett wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:21 am

you must be one
Just to clear up any confusion, this is what the definition of a hacker is.

hack·er
/ˈhakər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: hacker; plural noun: hackers

1. a person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

2. a person or thing that hacks or cuts roughly.
It can also be used for 3rd party programs to access your game's dll (access to data) and bypass human function. You can also USE a hack for a specified game. Bot Aim is hacks, ESP is hacks, anything outside of your own personal human reaction time, is cheating and/or exploiting the game's mechanics. simple as that. People are simply lazy then try to justify their use of said programs.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

they are all legit cheaters and they are all still trying to justify that they are not