Hibernia CL Dot behaviour seems odd.

Find any bug ? Report it !
Shindoras
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hibernia CL Dot behaviour seems odd.

Hi,

after some testing we came to the conclusion that the Hib CL Dots (CL Mage Line) are behaving oddly. The Icons seem to display Dot Lvl 1 and 2 to be base buffs and Dots Lvl 4 and 5 as specs. The Dots Lvl 2 and 5 are stat wise basically identically and cannot be applied at the same target at the same time. Basically they do not stack which makes it odd that we have to pay 5 points for a dot we can have at Lvl 2. We tried all combinations of the Dots (except for the lvl 3 ae dot) and we cannot apply them simultaneously.

Spellnames are in Level Order: Acidic Mist, Acidic Fog, Acidic Cloud, Melt Spirit, Degrade Spirit

I hope that this is not an intended behaviour in which case I am sorry to steal your time.

Greetings.
Shindoras
Alvis
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Hibernia CL Dot behaviour seems odd.

Just tested this myself and confirmed -- Acidic Fog and Degrade Spirit do not stack. Seems like one should maybe be body instead of matter, because otherwise the CL 4 and 5 abilities are literally worthless. They have the exact same specs as the CL 1 and 2 abilities in the same line.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Alvis wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:30 pm Acidic Fog and Degrade Spirit do not stack. Seems like one should maybe be body instead of matter
Alvis
Soldier
Soldier

No additional information here, but as I was checking in, I will correct myself. It seems like degrade spirit should be spirit.

That said, the uploaded Prima Guide that somebody has put out on the web shows that both were Matter:

https://archive.org/stream/Dark_Age_of_ ... e_djvu.txt

and that, even stranger, the higher level Melt Spirit and Degrade Spirit have an absurd 8.0 second frequency:

SPELL: MELT SPIRIT

Function: Damage over Time
Damage per Tick: 35
Target: Targeted
Range: 1,500
Duration: 20 sec
Frequency: 8.0 sec
Power Cost: 12
Casting Time: 2.0 sec
Damage: Matter

t

SPELL: DEGRADE SPIRIT

Function: Damage over Time
Damage per Tick: 40
Target: Targeted
Range: 1,500
Duration: 20 sec
Frequency: 8.0 sec
Power Cost: 18
Casting Time: 2.0 sec
Damage: Matter

I don't know what the intent was for these abilities, but it seems like the original developers weren't paying attention for sure. "Hey, let's make the higher level abilities do LESS damage and not stack with the lower level ones!" Baffling.
Jeremy8419
Wanderer
Wanderer

Shindoras wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:44 pm Hi,

after some testing we came to the conclusion that the Hib CL Dots (CL Mage Line) are behaving oddly. The Icons seem to display Dot Lvl 1 and 2 to be base buffs and Dots Lvl 4 and 5 as specs. The Dots Lvl 2 and 5 are stat wise basically identically and cannot be applied at the same target at the same time. Basically they do not stack which makes it odd that we have to pay 5 points for a dot we can have at Lvl 2. We tried all combinations of the Dots (except for the lvl 3 ae dot) and we cannot apply them simultaneously.

Spellnames are in Level Order: Acidic Mist, Acidic Fog, Acidic Cloud, Melt Spirit, Degrade Spirit

I hope that this is not an intended behaviour in which case I am sorry to steal your time.

Greetings.
Shindoras
Karen wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:51 pm
Alvis wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:30 pm Acidic Fog and Degrade Spirit do not stack. Seems like one should maybe be body instead of matter
Thread necro!

It’s a bug.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/gr ... ry-15-2008
Jeremy8419
Wanderer
Wanderer

Verified on PTR.

It’s bugged.
Jeremy8419
Wanderer
Wanderer

The DoTs go by spell line for stacking, not by damage type nor frequency. Both of those were just happenstance.

There was an additional nesting layer added for CL abilities. Most were just single entries in their “lists”. The DoT ones warranted an additional layer, so they kept actual spell lists as the determinant factor for stacking, and then added another layer to display to front-end users on the CL ability layer.

The person who originally asked the linked question was attempting to emulate the server, but stumbled across a perceived inconsistency, and decided to ask, but was unable to rectify the inconsistency, as it wasn’t present on the original server.

DoT stacking goes by spell list, and the CL ability screen is a nested collection of spell lists.
maliya1_44368
Wanderer
Wanderer

Jeremy8419 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:28 am The DoTs go by spell line for stacking, not by damage type nor frequency. Both of those were just happenstance.

There was an additional nesting layer added for CL abilities. Most were just single entries in their “lists”. The DoT ones warranted an additional layer, so they kept actual spell lists as the determinant factor for stacking, and then added another layer to display to front-end users on the CL ability layer.

The person who originally asked the linked question was attempting to emulate the server, but stumbled across a perceived inconsistency, and decided to ask, but was unable to rectify the inconsistency, as it wasn’t present on the original server.

DoT stacking goes by spell list, and the CL ability screen is a nested collection of spell lists.
DoT stacking is determined by spell line, not damage type or frequency. CL abilities have an additional layer for DoT spells, nested within their respective spell lists. The original question arose from attempting to emulate the server's system, but no inconsistency was found on the original server.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Closing this as it is no longer relevant after S2 Patch #36