rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Ban autohotkey

so we can all play the game as intended

not sure why we allow skill less hackers to use this

i guess i do know cuz we dont have the ability to detect it yet

in order for us to compete with hackers we all have to hack now

so i recommend all dl autohotkey to get on the same level as all the cheaters asap
Pedro*
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ban autohotkey

well i doubt they can even ban it.
I dont like AHK, never did but i guess its common accepted cause 50% of the active rvr users use it.

instead of banning AHK i would do another suggestion

reward ppl not using AHK with 50% more rps ^^

stimulate instead of punish
Zansobar
Wanderer
Wanderer

AHK is allowed on Live so I don't think they will be banning it on a freeshard.
Pedigru
Wanderer
Wanderer

Woah, go easy. Let's not call people "hackers" or suggest they are cheating by using automation.

Especially if someone is disabled and uses AHK or likely Voice Attack to automate certain tasks. It's more about cutting down on repetitious or worse...complicated button presses. Yes...for some, there are complicated button presses.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

AHK is like the same as a person using a Cronus for FPS games.. I've seen people auto heal, auto purge, auto swaps and queue styles in 1 button. it's obviously accepted, but that doesn't mean it's right. it's cheating period.. an acceptable cheat program for some reason.. Cutting any human reaction down to a single press of a button.. I don't understand why it became acceptable..
ExcretusMaximus
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:31 am AHK is like the same as a person using a Cronus for FPS games.. I've seen people auto heal, auto purge, auto swaps and queue styles in 1 button.
No, you haven't. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:06 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:31 am AHK is like the same as a person using a Cronus for FPS games.. I've seen people auto heal, auto purge, auto swaps and queue styles in 1 button.
No, you haven't. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.
Scripts can be wonderful can't they?
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

rgarrett wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:55 pm so we can all play the game as intended
So no discord, I take it? Back to just typing?

Nah...

Technology evolves and changes over time. You should too...
Electronic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Pedigru wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:12 am Woah, go easy. Let's not call people "hackers" or suggest they are cheating by using automation.

Especially if someone is disabled and uses AHK or likely Voice Attack to automate certain tasks. It's more about cutting down on repetitious or worse...complicated button presses. Yes...for some, there are complicated button presses.
If it's a complicated button press and you need a 3rd party automation tool, maybe play a different game. At a certain point it's taking the fun out of the game for anyone not using it, if you need it to compete, you're the problem.
Keirsti
Wanderer
Wanderer

Electronic wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:14 pm If it's a complicated button press and you need a 3rd party automation tool, maybe play a different game. At a certain point it's taking the fun out of the game for anyone not using it, if you need it to compete, you're the problem.
Not that I'll be doing it on Eden, but I played 8v8 Paladin for 3-5 hours, 5 days a week, for 3+ years (and solo during that same window + a couple of years before it), and I have no doubt twisting was a bigger contributor to short-term wrist problems I had then and longer-term ones I'll develop as I continue to get older.

While I agree that people may be using macro keyboards/AHK-type stuff to macro things that should be manual, keep in mind that the appeal of these tools In some cases is not about avoiding "complicated button presses" but for more pragmatic and practical benefits. I was staunchly against using AHK back when I played paladin but boy do I regret that now.