Buff potions should transfer to the necromancer pet.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Manobrown
Wanderer
Wanderer

Buff potions should transfer to the necromancer pet.

Currently, in the game, necromancers are able to get their pet buffed from the buff NPC but not the buff pots. I believe the decision to not allow this should be reversed. And I am racking my brain to try to understand why this would be a problem for this class.

The necromancer class isn't like other pet classes in the game. It is 100% reliant on its pet, and about 90% reliant on its pet's stats for casting speed.

Here are some reasons to better explain myself:

1. Imbalance

Seeing as how buff effectiveness effects the pots and not the NPC buffs this automatically puts necromancers at a disadvantage on the buff front.

Every other class will have the option of getting 25% buff effectiveness before popping their pots and roaming, while the necro will not have access to this for their pet (90% of their utility).

2. convenience

It's not always possible for groups to have a cleric in group, due to lack of players LFG, or setup. Normally, other players would just pop a pot to make up for the difference in buffs.

Currently, In order to get the spec buffs, necromancers are forced to go to the relic town to get spec buffs for their pet.

This means in these situations where other players can just pop a pot and continue on, a Necro has to always go back to the relic town.

pet dies due to a bug? - Go back to the relic town

LD in RvR - Go back to the relic town

Emergency server reboot and you're out and about? - Go back to the relic town

pet dies in battle and need to rebuff without cleric – Go back to the relic town

Pet get sheered mid-battle and need specs? - Go back to the relic town

Die in a raid and no cleric? - Tough luck

These buffs pots were put in game to alleviate the lack of a spec buffer in the group, and also for convenience. The necromancer does not get this convenience, and it is definitely a problem.
fallkynn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Buff potions should transfer to the necromancer pet.

Hasn't this always been a problem though?
It's part of the risk of being a Necro I always took it as. I wasn't even aware that NPC's could buff Necro pets.
While I do agree that pots should effect the pet, it could be tricky. As the caster will want the dex and acuity buffs from the pet too.
So you couldn't really code the pot cast without technically giving necros double buffs on caster and pet simultaneously.
Could also be tricky to code.