Cuuldurach's Messenger Mechanic

Find any bug ? Report it !
Nacredem
Wanderer
Wanderer

Cuuldurach's Messenger Mechanic

Cuuldurach the Glimmer King spawns messengers like he is supposed to do at 75% hp, but the messengers themselves ghost move even after being CC'd. Stunned them and couldn't hit them because the game "thought" they were far away. Could not cast at them or melee them.
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Cuuldurach's Messenger Mechanic

Hibernia: Sheeroe Hills, Cuuldurach Lair.

First spawn of messenger adds. Dragon in center of lair.

The messenger spawned nearly on top of me, I had it targeted and was on top of it yet I got constant "your target is not in view" with each attack interval (roughly 2 seconds) I was able to stick yet "target is not in view" still happened . I managed to get one slam off, yet it is still too far away to attack while still stuck to it. Caster could target it but not cast on it.

I think perhaps the messengers are falling through the floor? After the duration of the stun wore off it warped to nearly outside the lair and summoned the adds.

Shandril
Developer
Developer

Thanks Creeping and Nacredem! Most likely a Z axis issue. We'll take a look.
Karen
Developer
Developer

This was refactored some time ago. Please reopen if issues are seen.
mellanslag
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is still an issue, there's an area where I'm unable to cast any spell on the messengers even though I'm standing next to them and there should be no LOS issue. This happens on every dragon raid so it is easy to reproduce.
Karen
Developer
Developer

mellanslag wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:39 pm This is still an issue, there's an area where I'm unable to cast any spell on the messengers even though I'm standing next to them and there should be no LOS issue. This happens on every dragon raid so it is easy to reproduce.
Screenshot?
mellanslag
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is from todays raid, it doesnt show much, it's kinda hard to be fast enough to take the screenshot before the messengers have run off too far.
Untitled.jpg
I'm not sure what info you need, if you tell me I'll happily provide more data or better screenshots on the next dragon raid I attend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karen
Developer
Developer

mellanslag wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:02 pm This is from todays raid, it doesnt show much...
You have no target in this picture?
mellanslag
Wanderer
Wanderer

Karen wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:16 am
mellanslag wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:02 pm This is from todays raid, it doesnt show much...
You have no target in this picture?
No, the messenger had already been killed by someone else when the screenshot was taken, as can be seen by the combat log.
I'll try to produce more screenshots on the next raid.
mellanslag
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is probably the best I can do short of making a video recording. I was standing still, facing the messenger and spamming my normal DD as the messenger was passing me by. As can be seen in the combat log, the first attempts were unsuccessful due to LOS issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.