One glaring balance issue

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
JoeShmoe
Wanderer
Wanderer

One glaring balance issue

This patch era is great, as a long time player from classic thru Boss I've always looked to this patch era as far superior to 'true' classic for many obvious reasons. There is only one glaring issue that comes to mind since Cata classes will not be around causing more, and thats the Alb 8v8 dynamic thanks to DD+R5.

Why is it an issue? First, theres no point running anything in Alb that uses a melee weapon except Arms. Second, you can line up multiple Arms to shut down opposing melee 30sec at a time, while weapon swapping and still pumping out DRs.

I know its only two main issues, but theyre pretty big. Once Bossiney went full FOTM after launch experimentation no Alb groups really ran other classes when an Arms was more valuable in all melee slots. Even when the big Pally buff patch came out there was still no reason to move an Arms out of a slot.

Simply make it so the two abilities dont stack(or greatly reduce to benefit) and restore Albs class viability.

I know theres other issues like BDs for example, but I feel this one is much larger in scale and effect.
Zephf
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: One glaring balance issue

Merc should be decent with charge but they could use some mechanic like a quadrupedal positional dmg that actualy hurts. as for paladins i'd realy want to see songs that matter, even if it means throwing them one at a time with a short radius.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Re: One glaring balance issue

ALL classes are viable IF you know how to play.