BD Healer Pet Stuck When Set to Attack

Find any bug ? Report it !
sinmaggot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bonepatcher will not path within range to heal in combat

The Bonepatcher sub pet will not move within range to heal the Dread Commander if the group is in combat. He will remain stationary until combat ends no matter how far the Bonedancer moves away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marcus
Count
Count

BD Healer Pet Stuck When Set to Attack

1) Tell pets to attack mob
2) Healer pet immediately stops moving and never moves again
3) Healer pet will heal if pets or you are in range
4) If you or other pets are out of range, it will never move to try and heal
5) Only moves when target is dead or set to passive
Rabarz
Warrior
Warrior

Re: BD Healer Pet Stuck When Set to Attack

I thought it might be easier to see in a video.

What happens is:

1) You are fighting a mob and you finish the fight with the commander (or a subpet) below 75% so the healer is spamming heals.
2) You begin running to the next fight. The healer will not continue healing and will only begin to run with the group when at max range.
3) As soon as you send pets to attack next mob healer freezes in place. I believe what happens is this puts him out of range.
4) If you go passive the healer will close distance and heal as long as you stay passive long enough for him to get in range.

My guess is there is code that is telling the healer not to move when other pets are in combat so he can heal - but he won't move even if he is out of heal range. I believe the fix is to override and always make sure he will move into range regardless of other pets health.

You can see the behavior in the video. If you watch when I put pets on passive he moves up to the minimum heal distance and does one cast - but as soon as pets go back to attack they move maybe 100 units to hit the mob and then the healer is frozen out of range and stops healing again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDxUuY8Xxko
Moondragon
Wanderer
Wanderer

I can confirm this is a problem on my Bonedancer as well. I believe the problem is the healer pet WANTS to cast a heal spell, but cannot because of range. Rather than attempting to get into range, it continues to try and cast a heal spell, which as I said it can't because of range. It never tries to fix the range while the other minions are in combat.

You can also see this pattern when the pet does get into range after combat is over and starts to heal. The pet will not move until it is done casting all its healing spells.

What is needed is a script that says if the condition is out of range, move closer for 3 seconds and then try again. I say three seconds because if the pet is out of range, it's going to take about 3 seconds (minimum) to get the pet back to your location.
Karen
Developer
Developer

This has been resolved some time ago, closing.