Latest update, Duo Deserter, the new EV Event and the Koth Timer

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Gorm82
Wanderer
Wanderer

Latest update, Duo Deserter, the new EV Event and the Koth Timer

Hello, I want to talk about the latest update here.
So about the Duo Deserter, the new EV Event and the Koth Timer.

I think the new EV event is very good. Before the update, we sometimes didn't know where to go with the 8th group when the living event was on EV. Now it's a lot of fun.

Koth is one of the best events for me. It's a lot of fun, brings players into the game who then also run 8ths who wouldn't have done it otherwise. That's why it's very annoying how the times for Koth are after the update. I live in Germany and work from 8 to 5, so koth no longer works during the week. I think that's a shame. Fixed times that give players in all time zones the chance to koth once in the evening would be ideal here.

The Duo Deserters come last, I've had a lot of fun with them so far. It is often the case that there are not enough friends on for 8th. So there was a possibility to have fast and uncomplicated RvR fun. The 30min timer significantly reduces the fun for me. The 10min timer was much better.

Even if I don't like everything here, I would like to thank you for your good work. I have never played on a better server. Thank you!
Tulkas
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Latest update, Duo Deserter, the new EV Event and the Koth Timer

Gorm82 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:01 pm
I think the new EV event is very good. Before the update, we sometimes didn't know where to go with the 8th group when the living event was on EV. Now it's a lot of fun.

Koth is one of the best events for me. It's a lot of fun, brings players into the game who then also run 8ths who wouldn't have done it otherwise. That's why it's very annoying how the times for Koth are after the update. I live in Germany and work from 8 to 5, so koth no longer works during the week.

The Duo Deserters come last, I've had a lot of fun with them so far. It is often the case that there are not enough friends on for 8th. So there was a possibility to have fast and uncomplicated RvR fun.

Even if I don't like everything here, I would like to thank you for your good work. I have never played on a better server. Thank you!
i do agree to everything that is said above, i know its gonna be hard to fit a round earth into prime time zones, but there has to be a solution.

In addition i would like to mention a idea because it is very frustrating for a lot of players.

How about letting animist pets die once the animist is down, that be only fair and would solve the mass tangler issue, or at least would make it fair.
Frugo
Wanderer
Wanderer

I agree, who's in Europe and has a 8am-5pm work can't join a single koth aside weekends!
reds
Wanderer
Wanderer

i also agree with all posted above, ev is nice but i can't play koth anymore with this schedule, sadly
tena6ous
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hey,

It's been sometime now the duo deserters task have changed.

And it's not really good (at least in my POV for RR5 and lower chars) for various reasons :
- Opportunities for 2v2 encounters have because way more rare now
- Everyone is gathered at the same places so it's somekind of provoking boring situations where you just can't do tasks either anymore because of enemy realms that have too much ppl on a zone. And this point is important : spots that change location make people roam more and thus spread ppl a lot
- Some 5's or 8's groups are now roaming around the two spots on a regular basis, probably because everyone is free RP for them
- Sometime there is less people on the server, you do the 2 tasks on both realms and then your duo has nothing to do at all if 5's and 8's are camped by enemy realms, and it gets pretty frustrating having nothing to do because you can't find any foe either for 2v2 in 2's zones
- It seems it has globally became way harder to level realm rank for low lvl ranks. Worst: instead of enjoying ranking on season 2 we're now planning what we're gonna do in season 3 and a "pause" is not excluded.

Couldn't find any real pros for this new version actually. Just not enjoying it at all!

TL;DR: previous version was more fun and more low-rank friendly.
Snowbhoy
Esquire
Esquire

tena6ous wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 pm Hey,

And it's not really good (at least in my POV for RR5 and lower chars) for various reasons :
- Everyone is gathered at the same places so it's somekind of provoking boring situations where you just can't do tasks either anymore because of enemy realms that have too much ppl on a zone. And this point is important : spots that change location make people roam more and thus spread ppl a lot
- Some 5's or 8's groups are now roaming around the two spots on a regular basis, probably because everyone is free RP for them
- Sometime there is less people on the server, you do the 2 tasks on both realms and then your duo has nothing to do at all if 5's and 8's are camped by enemy realms, and it gets pretty frustrating having nothing to do because you can't find any foe either for 2v2 in 2's zones
- It seems it has globally became way harder to level realm rank for low lvl ranks. Worst: instead of enjoying ranking on season 2 we're now planning what we're gonna do in season 3 and a "pause" is not excluded.

Couldn't find any real pros for this new version actually. Just not enjoying it at all!

Fully agree, don't understand why this changed - it was much more dynamic with more frequent moves.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

I agree I don't like the changes either.

The general changes to rvr traffic that have resulted are less than desirable.
qlt654
Wanderer
Wanderer

tena6ous wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 pm Hey,

Saddly, I totaly agree with all of that..