A little unsure how a "freeshard" works...

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
woodthestoryteller
Wanderer
Wanderer

A little unsure how a "freeshard" works...

First off... I miss this game SO MUCH. I've played off and on since Shrouded Isles was first released... holy crap, it's been two full decades. Seeing a healthy population is the biggest draw, for sure. Even if I enjoy pve and questing and trying to imbue as much STR/CON/DEX/QUI points into lvl 5 gloves as I can until POP!! goes my crafter... sometimes I get this overhwelming urge to sneak a hunter behind a siege and snipe the toons manning the trebs.

So, I'm trying to sign up... and I downloaded the client... and now I'm at the Broadsword Account Management page. Do I need to purchase a subscription and go through this whole EA rigamarole again? I gladly will... but I don't want to send a penny to a corporation if it doesn't help the actual devs keeping the game alive.
woodthestoryteller
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: A little unsure how a "freeshard" works...

Okay, found MMO Dojo's video, and that answered my question. I am SO FLIPPING EXCITED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr5ednOhymY
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: A little unsure how a "freeshard" works...

Welcome!

Eden is the best DAoC server in history. The Devs are awesome and have added tons of great new features/content.

Ever wanted to invade the PvE territory of an enemy realm and get catapulted inside their keep? It's a thing here.

Enjoy!