Fix for load speed issues

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
Elryrith
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fix for load speed issues

This might not be a fix for all but the zoning times have been doing my head in so i decided to have a play and found a solution that works for me.

Original Setup

Game and launcher both loaded on an accelerated M2 drive. The game is installed in F:\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot

When zoning I was seeing load times of over 10-15 seconds even when the game.dll process is added as an exception in my windows virus and threat prevention.

The Fix

• Copied the entire game install folder to an SSD with capacity (E:\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot)
  • Changed the Eden launcher config to point at the newly copied install folder
  • Added an exception to point at game.dll on the E drive eg F:\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\game.dll
  • Launched the game and all my loading times are now under 2 seconds
  • Have a beer and enjoy Christmas without having to stare at a loading screen

If i swap the launcher back to the existing M2 install the load times are terrible again.30 years working in IT and i cant explain why running this on a M2 causes it to slow down but I hope my fix sorts it for some of you. the above takes less than 5 minutes to do and if you do have a second drive in your system might be the answer to your problems
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Fix for load speed issues

Good catch, unfortunately M.2s are all I have left, but my load times are ok, might be firmware from the m.2 related?
Elryrith
Wanderer
Wanderer

thats what i thought but all kept up to date..

200 meg/s copying to between the M2's on my system but slow load times... very strange
ValueAdded
Wanderer
Wanderer

Not allowed to change eden config

/ Added an exception to point at game.dll on the E drive eg F:\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\game.dll /

And what do you mean with that? What exact should you do in this step?