Merchants in RvR Zones are pointless gank fests

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Zero
Esquire
Esquire

Merchants in RvR Zones are pointless gank fests

Can we please get merchants outside of RvR Zones? Pretty Please? I don't see any value in dying to buy an item, or getting away and not being able to buy it. Its pointless griefing.
You disallow people from raiding the NF Towns, but somehow that pointless gank festival at Poc/DF is good?

Please explain to me why
ganking half afk people in NF town who do not want to participate in RvR at that moment is bad and a bannable offense, but
ganking half afk people at Poc/DF merchants who do not want to participate in RvR at that moment is good and welcome.

As with all game systems think about what they offers and what they cost.

All it does is granting free RPs for stealthers. Ofc they love that and will object it any change.
What else does it offer? Hotspots for 1v1 stealther battles.
Okay, but we already have Towers, Keeps, Bridges, Docks, Dailies, Solo tasks, Duo Tasks, 5man Tasks, 8man Tasks, Epic Quest Mob, Crafter Quest, Boat drops, regular DF & Poc pathways and farm spots + all regular NF pathways to various hotspots. So I ask you, do we really need these merchant hotspots? No. No we don't.

What does it cost?
It blocks people from playing the game. Getting the items they want. Having fun in the game.
Those are fundamentals to keep your population healthy. You don't believe me? Then why don't you allow Stealthers to go in Homezones and Housing zones. I'm sure they will love it, even more free RPs! Oh, you think the playerbase would quit cause they can't play the game and get their toons to lvl 50? It's literally the same.

Having those Merchants in DF was already bad 20 years ago and the only reason for that was to provide stealther hotspots for them to battle - This issue has been fixed, as mentioned above. So all that is left is a terrible 20 year old system. That I even have to explain this after all these years, all this experience, countless of freeshards who did it better is honestly mindblowing.

Anyway here is feedback why people quit the game, cause they can't even gear their toon because of a bad system that has no business to be in the game anymore to make some nooblets happy who can only win against people who are basically afk in a menu trying to buy items.

Other equally good Ideas:
Bring back exploding for failing a spellcraft, its an equally pointless and annoying 20 year old system that was removed on this freeshard for no apparent reason.
Remove guards from NF Towns and let people gank them there!
Allow Stealthers in Home territory and Housing Zones, why shouldn't all people enjoy this feature at every merchant?
Have a 20% chance to explode and grant the nearest steather the deathblow + RP every 20min of game time. Its free and easy RP that serves no purpose but to make them happy. Fits like a charm

-1 player till this is fixed

And since they probably won't care. See ya on the next freeshard guys o/
Mess with the Best - Die like the Rest
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Merchants in RvR Zones are pointless gank fests

This is the right kind of rage post. Make a semi-salient point then follow it up with just pure silliness.

Buying gear that requires you to potentially participate in RvR by requiring you to go into an RvR area is not for stealthers benefit. It's because the gear is good and so comes with an additional risk. Legion and SH raids, especially SH raids, take a very short amount of time compared to Dragon and Epic Dungeon raids. This is made-up for with higher risks associated with these items.

Now, I only use my healer to buy DF gear and SH gear. I've gone out literally dozens of times and only been hit 6x total. With SH it's easy to just take a slightly less direct route, and by slightly I mean literally going around the other side of the keep and running in that way, and I've always gotten through people hitting others running to the raid/to get gear. With DF the risks are a tad higher but there are more than enough raids that happen on all three realms that you can simply wait for a raid to be forming to get your gear when there is safety in numbers.

The bottom line is, if you put as 1/10 as much thought and time into figuring out how to get your gear safely as you took to write out this post you wouldn't be running into this issue.

tl;dr Sorry you died in an RvR zone. Glad to see your rage at dying in an RvR zone is at the appropriate DAoC level.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

The general fashion on this server to make you waste time running in zones, or waiting for someone to open a port, is what amuse me.... Now, I can understand that merchants in RvR zones are a pain, but I can even understand why they are placed there (at least for DF, merchants in PoC for me are completely out of sense). What I cannot really understand is why I have to run for 2 entire maps to get to the Epic dungeon (Tuscaran in Mid is exactly at the top of the second map from the nearest Teleporter), trying to avoid green/blue con mobs on the route.
So maybe a better placement of merchants in the entire map, not only in Frontier, would be greatly welcome. For example the Dragon stuff merchant is correctly placed near the teleport, there is no sense why for other merchant you have to run or beg for a port.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Zero
Esquire
Esquire

Amurdora wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:03 am This is the right kind of rage post. Make a semi-salient point then follow it up with just pure silliness.

Buying gear that requires you to potentially participate in RvR by requiring you to go into an RvR area is not for stealthers benefit. It's because the gear is good and so comes with an additional risk. Legion and SH raids, especially SH raids, take a very short amount of time compared to Dragon and Epic Dungeon raids. This is made-up for with higher risks associated with these items.

Now, I only use my healer to buy DF gear and SH gear. I've gone out literally dozens of times and only been hit 6x total. With SH it's easy to just take a slightly less direct route, and by slightly I mean literally going around the other side of the keep and running in that way, and I've always gotten through people hitting others running to the raid/to get gear. With DF the risks are a tad higher but there are more than enough raids that happen on all three realms that you can simply wait for a raid to be forming to get your gear when there is safety in numbers.

The bottom line is, if you put as 1/10 as much thought and time into figuring out how to get your gear safely as you took to write out this post you wouldn't be running into this issue.

tl;dr Sorry you died in an RvR zone. Glad to see your rage at dying in an RvR zone is at the appropriate DAoC level.
Then allow stealthers to go in ALL zones. Including all home leveling zones, housing zones etc. Also allow grey's to give RPs.
Leveling up gives you incredible advantages, much more than any pathetic piece of gear could ever give you, this drastic power increase should come at a risk, similiar as how buying DF/PoC gear does. If you want to be lvl 50 you should just deal with dying nonstop from from 1 to 50.

The bottom line is, if you put as 1/10 as much thought and time into thinking about the sillyness you wrote you wouldn't have posted it.

---

Anyway, wasted enough breath on this. It's a 20 year old game which wasn't perfect 20 years ago and isn't yet either. Forcing people into RvR zones for basic needs was bad then, its bad now, it will be bad in the future.

Providing incentives to go into RvR zones for additional rewards is fine.
Forcing people into RvR zones to satisfy basic needs as in leveling or gearing is not.
If you think a regular template isn't basic needs then I can't help you because it is. At this point you either know it's true but denying it to serve your own agenda or you are incredible inexperienced.

Also this post isn't to explain this to you. Its an old story, its a well known bad system. I'm not here to argue literal facts with you forum folks. Like I said in my first post that I even had to write this was mindboggling and yes it was written like that on purpose so it wouldn't be ignored.

The entire point of the post was so it gets fixed and I can play my character. And if it doesn't get fixed provide feedback why people, like me, do not play anymore. Afterall this is the feedback section, not the argue section. I don't care a single second if you still haven't realized how bad the system is or that you are fine playing with a bad system. Nor do you have to tell me that.

That being said call me when this is fixed, I'm playing games that value my time in the meantime.
Mess with the Best - Die like the Rest
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Zero wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:38 am Its pointless griefing.
This.

Just put all the merchants in the capital cities and be done with it already.
Soremor
Esquire
Esquire

Yeah, I don 't think it's a big deal, as gankers gonna gank, and in reality you dont have to hit these merchants more than couple times in the whole templating of a character.

But it would certainly be an improvement to just move all of them to the capital cities. I'd be more excited about moving the epic dungeon ones though, so we don't have to hoof all the way out there every time.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

get outa here keep trying or cry more
Soremor
Esquire
Esquire

Lol dont you have a cry thread about Friars and Necros like three conversations down from this?
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

Soremor wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:56 am Lol dont you have a cry thread about Friars and Necros like three conversations down from this?
i lol'd :lol:
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

getting ganked is natural

op classes are not

You have the option to be smart and strategize to get your items down there its not difficult. You have the power to take action on that.

Go fight a necro and tell me you have any other options other than to gank that fool