Where do Shadowblades fall in this patch?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Midgard.
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

Where do Shadowblades fall in this patch?

Almost 50 and so far my experience has been I can do well vs inf/ranger/ns/scout most of the time. Vs solo casters which don't exist I would do well. Vs any tank or a friar/champ/reaver i would get absolutely annihilated most of the time. Especially vs friar.

Never played at this patch level but assassins are more or less pointless at this patch from what I see? Am i wrong? do they have any role?
Garrith
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Where do Shadowblades fall in this patch?

After they fix/adjust the fact that you will not be able to go over +10% melee damage as you can now, SBs will be horrible post RR5.
xinlitik
Wanderer
Wanderer

Assassins were in kind of a weird place post 1.65. All weapon specs got updated except crit strike so the "high" gr of garrote/AH suddenly became mediocre, not to mention the defense penalty on garrote. CL levels raised everyone's HP so PA chain was weaker overnight (also it has broken scaling with CS here). DW penetration got nerfed so shield tanks got stronger (partially reversed here to 25% which is nice). Etc etc. Basically the whole world got stronger while assassins stayed the same.

Mostly play assassins if you want to participate in the assassin vs assassin game. Archers honestly seem a lot more fun at this patch level if you want to have more role in BGs/zergs/etc
Malidry
Wanderer
Wanderer

Only idea I have on the SB is shadowzerker, almost nothing in CS except to get the leaper chain for nonstop evades. Still pretty weak but should be competitive 1v1 with 50 sword 50 LA. I only say sword because I like the TG main hand weapon.
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

xinlitik wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:20 pm Assassins were in kind of a weird place post 1.65. All weapon specs got updated except crit strike so the "high" gr of garrote/AH suddenly became mediocre, not to mention the defense penalty on garrote. CL levels raised everyone's HP so PA chain was weaker overnight (also it has broken scaling with CS here). DW penetration got nerfed so shield tanks got stronger (partially reversed here to 25% which is nice). Etc etc. Basically the whole world got stronger while assassins stayed the same.

Mostly play assassins if you want to participate in the assassin vs assassin game. Archers honestly seem a lot more fun at this patch level if you want to have more role in BGs/zergs/etc
That's a pretty good summary actually of where my thoughts have gone regarding SBs and assassins in general here. It's not that they're bad persay. It's just that everything else got stronger. I think that, with a few exceptions of course, playing a sin here is very similar to having played one as far back as 2004. Every other class though varies from slightly different (sorc, ench, rm, etc) to majorly different (friar, thane, warden, heavy tanks).

Would be nice to know if the devs have any plans to adjust assassins or assess class balance in general during this season or if it's going to just stay this way indefinitely.