Feeling Sad Little Selection

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Magesty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Feeling Sad Little Selection

"What up, you putting together your template?"

"Yeah, it's going just great. I have my weapon figured out at least. Fine Steel Long Sword."

"Oh yeah? I thought you were talking about going Crush and finally using the champion weapon again?"

"Nope. Have to use Fine Steel Long Sword."

"Why's that?"

"It has a 25% celerity proc on it and a 40% dehaste. It basically blows every other weapon out of the water."

"Oh shit, I remember this patch level. Isn't this right when EA decided to redo old encounters like dragon but didn't do a proper balance pass on the new items for the classic ruleset? It basically invalidated all of my character's templates in one download.

"Yep."

"And if I remember correctly, they pushed so much power into item procs to compete with artifacts that it rendered entire spec lines worthless and homogenized almost all build choices. I was so bummed my champion weapons were relegated to off hand use only. So you're telling me they willingly chose this patch level, which is arguably the worst from a design perspective, to replicate the classic servers?"

"Yeah, but at least it will be a little easier to get FSLS so all of the classes that can use it should be able to get it pretty quickly. I can't wait to rely on a proc to access a good portion of my character's potential. It's almost impressive how the entire game's balance can be thrown off by something as simple as item procs."

"Don't worry dude, you can go Thrust and use the weapon that has an... Omni drain and a 40 value AF debuff. That's comparable, right? It's cool because it is different."

"Clearly an option that players will feel good about picking over FSLS. Tick Tock, when is my opponent's FSLS going to proc and they are going to curb stomp me?"

"Listen, if you go thrust you can use this thing to remove 40 armor. That's close to completely eliminating the ToA bonus! Certainly comparable to proccing celerity or a 40% dehaste. Get this, the proc on FSLS is four times the duration of the chamion weapon dehaste and almost 33% stronger. "

"Right, like I said, no real reason to choose any other weapon or spec. You only go with something else because the class can't use FSLS."

"Cool."
Sacklunch
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Feeling Sad Little Selection

Dramatic, but your not wrong that sword is busted and kind ruins the spirit of choice in terms of 1h weapons