Thane or Valewalker ?

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
indesa tran
Wanderer
Wanderer

Thane or Valewalker ?

Hi !

New player here, I love hybrids fighter/mage so I only think of 2 classes on this server (normal server I add heretics and mauler maybe)

Du to a limited game time, I can only play one if I want to have a chance to lvl to 50 / Sc / raid / rvr etc…

So my question is : how do I choose between the 2 ? I have up the two to 20ish and still can’t decide …

Is one of the two more desired in pve group or rvr ?
One with a more « fun factor » than the other ?
Or a realm more open to welcome a casual player ?
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Thane or Valewalker ?

Hey,

maybe it ´s more a decission what you love more, Hibernia or Midgard first.

When you´re done with leveling and template there is right now everything done with PVE and RvR is the endgame. As there is not much 8 vs. 8, smallgroup etc., as I can say, but keep/Zergfight, the Thane is the better choice imho, as he has the mighty AE-hammers, VW only has single nuke but would imho be slightly better in a 8 vs 8 setup, they are both good classes at Eden and fun to play, so you have to decide what you like more. ;-)
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

Always play what is fun to you.

Thanes will perform better in zergs.

Both are strong in 8mans.

VW is far stronger in small man.

Really though, play what you find enjoyable.
Wellzy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Both are a blast and desired in grps.

My take though..

VW's almost always good on any freeshard or patch level.
But, thanes are absolute machines on Eden, it is a rare opportunity to play a Thane when they are at a strong patch lvl.

I would personally go Thane, Since you Don't get a lot of opportunity to play the class elsewhere and still be competitive. (1.65 servers for example).
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Thanes are the best toons in Daoc, always been... but if you want to have some fun here I advise you to choose a Valewalker, not for the class itself but for the overall rvr balance between realms (just look to hibs numbers on the Herald and you'll see).
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Arshesmaral
Esquire
Esquire

Thane is the best class in the game.
• You can melee very well, and have DD procs on styles that no other class on Midgard gets. (Sword looks especially good on Eden, in my opinion)
• You can cast well, too. Single target DD, AoE DD, Insta-DD and Insta-PBAoE. Your AoE DD has giant spinning hammers. The best spell effect in the game, in my opinion.
• Pretty easy to spec, though not so easy to template, as you're reliant on five different stats.
• Trolls and Norse for heavier melee hits, Dwarfs for a more defensive style of play (and to masquerade as a Healer), and Frostalf for casting focus.
• Static Tempest is an amazing RA.
• Thanes on Eden get Doomhammer.

I don't know too much about Valewalkers, but in the end, you should play where you think you'll have the most fun. Hibernia is bright and magical, and Midgard is bleak and martial, but both are amazing realms.