Quest Mobs In Dungeons being farmed for salvage.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Vanz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Quest Mobs In Dungeons being farmed for salvage.

Greetings all. A major issue I see with Eden is when questing dungeons for the mythirian drop quest lvl 50 toons are farming the quest mob for the items dropped from the mob for salvage thus causing a conflict from people just trying to complete the quest. Sure you can tag the mob when its up but it isn't always up.

Solutions:

Move the items dropped from the named quest mobs to random mobs in the dungeon thus people farming for drops can just farm from normal mobs or add additional named mobs that are not quest related for the salvage farmers.

Build salvage dungeons using the catacombs dungeons entrances and just mimic the nearby quest dungeon. Example the catacombs dungeon instance at Cotswold on top of the hill could mimic Muires Tomb instance filled with mobs for farming salvage drops for the level of the user.

Make the frontier mobs drop better salvage or more salvage.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Quest Mobs In Dungeons being farmed for salvage.

solution.. come back another time
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Vanz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:04 pm

Make the..........mobs drop.......more salvage.
This.

They adjusted the salvage rates so you get more than one or two pieces of metal/wood/whatever, but failed to address the poor drop rates. The fact the named mobs are among the only reliable sources of consistent salvage is exactly why people farm them.

Make the drop rate patch accurate so players can farm regular mobs for consistent salvage the way we used to, and it will help aleviate this issue.
Vanz
Wanderer
Wanderer

rgarrett wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:53 am solution.. come back another time
My quest completion > than your greed.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

My greed?

im not sure what just happend here

enjoy your day bud

i think the word yer look for is my patience
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Vanz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 pm
rgarrett wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:53 am solution.. come back another time
My quest completion > than your greed.
I see it as, Your Greed for completing a quest for the myth > his patience..
I just sat and waited for the bosses to respawn (IF they weren't alive already) and just tag it. If it's about completing the quest then it makes it easier when people are farming it.. they take the aggro while you tag it and run to the next boss. Kinda makes it easier to be honest.. specially now that you can solo it due to people camping it.

as a solo Ranger, this was amazing for me in regards to completing the quest.. made it easy :/

sorry you feel that way cause it is true, people have caught on to camping bosses with 100% drop chances for salvaging. but this has little effect on completing the quests. (For me.. cause solo- I'm not killing any bosses as a ranger).
Vanz
Wanderer
Wanderer

I just have an issue with level 50 templated toons farming in those dungeons period. The game makes it so you can do raids and get scales or blood seals or whatever you need to get items to make money. Their is no need to be in those lower dungeons farming for trash salvage.
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

It's much faster to farm plat doing it that way than doing raids. So there is a purpose to it.
Chihuahua
Esquire
Esquire

Vanz wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:38 pm I just have an issue with level 50 templated toons farming in those dungeons period. The game makes it so you can do raids and get scales or blood seals or whatever you need to get items to make money. Their is no need to be in those lower dungeons farming for trash salvage.
The issue is, that solo farming the dungeons you get more salvage and sellable rogs/jewerly, that is more profitable than raids. Also raids don't happen all the time but you can solo farm dungeons all the time.

In general the issue is, that its a profitable spot to farm and everybody needs to get along as long as it stays like this. Wait for respawn or come back another time, if bosses are being farmed. The farmers will not leave over a forum thread and for them its "farming > your quest completion"
sunshineunits4
Esquire
Esquire

tldr: put an npc at thelocation to spawn the boss on demand if needed. but its not something pve farmers can, or should have to work around, and rvr of any stripe is NO kind of equivalent solution.

two cents from a fairly new, pve focused player.
im not doing frontiers stuff for farm/cash. total waste of time, im just free rps and i dont have the time for endless runbacks and changing areas so some radar waving stealther can get his jollies shooting a clothy in the back. /shrug.
i have no problem letting a group on the quest play through the dungeon, even happy to help in some cases. :) but at the end of the day we all only have a certain amount of time to play and dying in rvr while you try to farm poc, or kill mobs out there, is just horribly inefficient, in addition to being nothing at all interesting to my type of player. we play casters/cloth, often we solo, and nothing about rvr is for solo, lol. hell, you cant even load in the FG that runs you down and stunlocks you at bard speed while you're on molasses footspeed, before you're flopping in the dirt. solo rvr/farming in rvr?... bahahaha.

the question of adjusting drops or amoutn of salvage is also a non-issue, its STILL more efficient at half the rake, to work in a dungeon where i can control the area im working in (-when you dont get a train as the quest group runs out etc). -its the only option for location that makes sense.

also, animists dont get a choice on what their turrets pull, and if you're within 1k units a mob, the dang turrets are slapping that mob because by golly we cant have more than 5, or control them efficiently, but we can sure cause chaos in that 1k area, andi dont even want to pull that mob, because i'd rather help questers get their myths than get greedy.

maybe thats 3-4 cents /shrug keep the change ^_^

gl balancing this. the closest i ever saw was an npc stationed at quest spots that would activate the spawn on request, which could be done pretty easy i thijnk, but would undoubtedly, trigger somebody too :P.

peaceout, and gl!