How to connect via wine on GNU/Linux?

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
dearen75
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: How to connect via wine on GNU/Linux?

Hello everyone,
could someone make a step by step guide to install DAOC with Eden Launcher for a newbie Linux user like me? My OS is Ubuntu 22.04, thank you very much.
dearen75
Wanderer
Wanderer

dearen75 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:11 am Hello everyone,
could someone make a step by step guide to install DAOC with Eden Launcher for a newbie Linux user like me? My OS is Ubuntu 22.04, thank you very much.
up
Blasnok
Wanderer
Wanderer

This worked for me. Save it as daoc.yml, install it with `lutris -i $(realpath ./daoc.yml)`

Code: Select all

id: 0
game_id: 0
game_slug: dark-age-of-camelot
name: Dark Age Of Camelot - Eden
year: 2002
user: Blasnok
runner: wine
slug: dark-age-of-camelot-eden-free-shard
version: Eden Free Shard
description: Eden Free Shard Installer
notes: Installs Eden
created_at: 2022-12-09T21:14Z
updated_at: 2022-12-09T21:14Z
draft: true
published: false
steamid: null
gogid: null
gogslug:
humbleid:
humblestoreid:
humblestoreid_real:

script: 
  wine:
    version: lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64
    dxvk: true
    esync: true

system:
    single_cpu: true

files:
  - setup: https://darkageofcamelot.com/sites/daoc/files/downloads/DAoCSetup.exe
  - eden_msi:
      filename: EdenLauncher.msi
      url: https://eden-daoc.net/EdenLauncher.msi
  - eden_zip:
      filename: EdenLauncher.zip
      url: https://eden-daoc.net/EdenLauncher.zip

game:
    prefix: $GAMEDIR
    arch: win32
    exe: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/EdenLauncher/EdenLauncher.exe
    working_dir: $GAMEDIR
    # launch_configs:
    # - exe: EdenLauncherUpdater.exe
    #   name: Eden Updater
    #   working_dir: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/EdenLauncher/

installer:
  - task:
      description: Creating Wine prefix
      name: create_prefix
      install_mono: false
      install_gecko: false
  - task:
      description: Installing Windows components
      name: winetricks
      # win7?
      app: win10 corefonts dotnet40 dotnet48
  - task:
      description: Installing DAOC
      name: wineexec
      executable: setup
  - task:
      description: Patching DAOC. Close the patcher when it's done.
      executable: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Dark Age of Camelot/camelot.exe
  - move:
      src: eden_msi
      dst: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Dark Age of Camelot/EdenLauncher.msi
  - task:
      description: Installing Eden. Don't launch the patcher when it's done.
      executable: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Dark Age of Camelot/EdenLauncher.msi
  - extract:
      dst: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files/EdenLauncher/
      file: eden_zip
  - task:
      description: Edit registry to set HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Avalon.Graphics DWORD DisableHWAcceleration 1
      name: set_regedit
      path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics
      key: DisableHWAcceleration
      value: '00000001' 
      type: REG_DWORD

Wytrabbit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Still working for me after launch. Tested it yesterday with my client version that I hadn't updated in a while (September was the last time I think I tested it?). No problems so far, thank you dev team!

EDIT 12/16: Steam Deck working too
Kandayin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Blasnok wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:20 am This worked for me. Save it as daoc.yml, install it with `lutris -i $(realpath ./daoc.yml)`
This failed for me on ubuntu 22.04 today. Gets as far as the Eden Launcher msi and then hangs.

Edit: Solved it! The solution is DO NOT launch the Eden Launcher as part of its install step. Exit without launching, then re-launch from Lutris.
Andy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi all,
I am new to DAoC in general and tried to get the game running for a couple of hours without success.
I even talked to "firehydrant" in discord who seems to be the Linux expert without success.

I tried all the configurations / wine versions / lutris yaml / hosts file suggestions in this thread and in discord.

I am at a point where the launcher seems to authorize correctly with discord:

EdenLauncher Verbose: 17 : WS Received : {"t":"oauth2","d":"asdefsW9jLm5ldCIsInAiOjEwMzAwxxxZF8xMDI3MzI4NTE1MjxxxjoiODVhMjAzYTk4YzlhNDI4NThmOTFmNDQ2Yjg3MzE5In0"}
but can't connect to the login / game server in general.
I get a connection error after starting the launcher and if I click that away a bit later again (and again and again).

image.png
On the command line I get this error:

EdenLauncher Error: 19 : Manifest Download WebClient Error
The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at EdenLauncher.Manifest.Download()
which some people were able to fix by adding 213.133.104.14 eden-daoc.net to their hosts file. Which sadly did nothing on my system.

I also tried to disable / enable ipv6 in general.

I am at a loss now, since the launcher doesn't seem to like my system/network setup.
Adam wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:08 am Another update, you dont 'need' to copy:paste the token anymore, the 'Launch Eden' button from the launcher itself is having a more direct login approach now (= not using url scheme anymore)
@Adam Is there any way to further debug this? The error message seems quit generic to me which leaves me with not much further options to tackle this problem. Would love to get some help with that since it seems like my only option is to get help from someone familiar with the launchers internal workings.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ggnoredo
Wanderer
Wanderer

restricting cpu to single core fix it for me
VoDiddly
Wanderer
Wanderer

I finally got it to work on my Linux Mint 21.2 install. I had to update Wine and Winetricks before it would work.
Bonus: when I change zones now, it takes 2-3 seconds. On Windows it took about 20.
Wytrabbit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Stopping by to confirm for you all that Eden is still working on Linux via Wine for me. I used Lutris to set the client up back in November on 2 different machines, a desktop with AMD (Ryzen 1700)/AMD (RX 580) and a laptop with Intel/Nvidia (mobile RTX 2070). I was using the Lutris provided Wine version lutris-7.2-2 for the longest time, but switched earlier this week to GloriousEggroll's Lutris build 8-10 ([provided here][https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/wine ... Proton8-10]). For convenience you can have Lutris install this with the built-in version manager.

The game performs well and I haven't had any crashing. If anyone needs them, I can provide further config settings from Lutris.

Pop!_OS 22.04
kainan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi,

After a long while, I wanted to give a try again to my minstrel but I can't connect after reinstalling wine and the game. More specifically, nothing appears when I run the launcher, I can't even point it to the DAoC folder. .NET 4.8 is installed. I pasted below the terminal log. What am I doing wrong?

shanen@rina-HP-Notebook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EdenLauncher$ wine EdenLauncherUpdater.exe 
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
AutoUpdater - Started
shanen@rina-HP-Notebook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EdenLauncher$ 00a4:err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003
^C
shanen@rina-HP-Notebook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EdenLauncher$ ^C
shanen@rina-HP-Notebook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EdenLauncher$ wine EdenLauncher.exe 
0100:err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
0024:err:combase:RoGetActivationFactory Failed to find library for L"Windows.Foundation.Diagnostics.AsyncCausalityTracer"
EdenLauncher Verbose: 1 : Updater [EdenLauncherUpdater.exe] - No local update av
ailable
EdenLauncher Verbose: 2 : Updater [EdenLauncherUpdater.pdb] - No local update av
ailable
0024:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
0024:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
EdenLauncher Verbose: 3 : Detected Linux system
EdenLauncher Verbose: 4 : UIPhase [ShowMessage]
EdenLauncher Error: 5 : Unhandled exception in EdenLauncher v1.2.295.0
Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
   at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr 
wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int
32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr
 lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callba
ck, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Dele
gate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
EdenLauncher Verbose: 6 : Detected Linux system
EdenLauncher Verbose: 7 : UIPhase [PatchingLauncher]
012c:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
EdenLauncher Verbose: 8 : UIPhase [IdleVisible]