CL evade/parry should not stack with existing evade/parry

Find any bug ? Report it !
snowy
Esquire
Esquire

CL evade/parry should not stack with existing evade/parry

Hi, currently on Eden it seems that if you already have evade/parry skill and you use the CL evade/parry ability, the two stack. I don't have a class that can test this but see the screenshot from discord below for some results:

Untitled139.png

This should not be the case. Using the CL evade/parry buff should cap your evade/parry at the CL buff level for the duration, not modified by stats or skill. This is best explained in a grab bag (https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/fr ... g-11122021):
Does mythical evade/block/parry increase stack with the champion buff spells of the same type?

There is no Champion Level ability that increases block chance with the ability to block being granted to anyone who is wielding a shield. So the +blocking Mythirian will certainly increase their chance to block further.

The evade and parry buffs grant users the ability to evade and parry and so they will actually cap the caster’s ability to evade or parry to the buff’s values. For instance, a class like the Friar that has Evade 5 is not recommended to use the Champion Level evade abilities Faded Quickness/Nimbleness in combat as their total evade chance will be clamped to the buff’s 11% and 17% values. The same goes for the Champion Level parry abilities Soldier’s Anticipation/Retaliation on classes that can already parry. If they have a high parry specialization that would put them above the 11% or 17% chance to parry, they won’t want to use those abilities.
There are also some older forum posts referencing this here: http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthre ... -Abilities (for example, I'm sure others can be found too).

You previously fixed a bug that was applying dex modifiers to CL evade/parry and allowing them to go above the cap, but in fact the cap should apply to all classes regardless of their innate evade/parry abilities.

Thanks in advance for fixing this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: CL evade/parry should not stack with existing evade/parry

We don't have mythical stats. And what are the 11% and 17% values?
snowy
Esquire
Esquire

The question in the grab bag starts off about mythical stats but the response is actually about CL evade/parry and the interaction with other sources of evade/parry. The 11%/17% rates are from the "new" CLs afaik, replacing 5%/11% since they cost more points.

I think it's pretty clear where it says "Champion Level evade abilities Faded Quickness/Nimbleness...their total evade chance will be clamped to the buff’s...values". The forum post from 2014 backs this up, I quote Meticode "The CL Evade and Parry buffs don't stack if the class already evade or parries. It's only beneficial to classes that don't have access to the type of defense at all. For example if you're a Friar with Evade 5 at 25%, the CL Evade buff will overwrite that and you'll only have 11% Evade until it wears off."

EDIT: note that the forum post is from BEFORE CL15/the new CLs were added, so is therefore applicable to Eden settings with 100% certainty.

If you need further sources I'm happy to look for them - let me know what would be acceptable.
snowy
Esquire
Esquire

bump - let me know if you need any more data/sources to fix this!
succi_
Wanderer
Wanderer

The wording of the grab bag is poor. It seems like they're getting confused with the buffs taking people over the parry/evade cap rather than them not stacking

Zero confidence that in whoever wrote it and the reference of 11% and 17% is kinda weird as Karen points out
snowy
Esquire
Esquire

Other than the fact that the values are the improved 11% and 17% (after CL15 revamp) instead of the old 5% and 11%, I don't understand what can be confusing about the following grab-bag paragraph:
The evade and parry buffs grant users the ability to evade and parry and so they will actually cap the caster’s ability to evade or parry to the buff’s values. For instance, a class like the Friar that has Evade 5 is not recommended to use the Champion Level evade abilities Faded Quickness/Nimbleness in combat as their total evade chance will be clamped to the buff’s 11% and 17% values. The same goes for the Champion Level parry abilities Soldier’s Anticipation/Retaliation on classes that can already parry. If they have a high parry specialization that would put them above the 11% or 17% chance to parry, they won’t want to use those abilities.
hope this can get addressed before s2!
Karen
Developer
Developer

Generally, if a post contains unaccounted inaccuraccies were always conducting our own research and not taking it at face value.
Team member tested this extensively during last week and as result this has been addressed in S2 Beta Patch #54.