Beginning Your template

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
AndoJTT
Wanderer
Wanderer

Beginning Your template

BTW folks. I see a lot of us are moving into the phase of.... time to get a template.

Some real solid tips for starting this adventure:
Step #1 -Organize your vault:
This means getting ALL your rog's from ALL your characters into 1 single vault, organized by accessory type.
Remove/salvage any util items 60 or below, they're not worth in any template.
Anything 80-100 deserves a critical inquiry. Any abilities/skills/overcap on those items, minus those util values from the base utility value of the item. (ex. i have a 140 util ring with 5 all magic and 3 parry = 65 wasted util... the item is really 75 util and probably should not be used).
Try to stay away from items with high "All Skills". The reason for this is many items have skills on them... you'll quickly find you're overcapped on your skills and its wasted util (see above description).
I recommend putting all your armor in your PERSONAL vault associated with that character, use your house vault/CM to hold your accessories (this helps with continued organization of vaults).
The big first step to your template is removing the metric assload of items you have in your vault that you would honestly never use. Attempt to sell these items for a fair price (1-3p for chestpieces, weapons should be priced out, accessories under 100util should never be sold over 1plat, named accessories are extremely valuable if they have high utility).

Step #2 -Download and install Loki
https://loki2.software.informer.com/
I recommend Loki, I know there are other options with awesome features.

Step #3 -You're ready to begin
Start with items that you KNOW are best in slot. Your first item should be DF chestpiece, if you don't have your class df chestpiece, ask which demonic chestpiece you should be wearing and if anyone in Guild has an extra to suit you.
Choose a weapon - for casters this is often the perfect staff of incantation (insta cure nearsight) or the disillusioned staff (insta cure mezz?)

Step #4 -ToA bonuses are the hardest to get, also the fewest items. Start with your casting speed/range/dmg bonuses before you start with any other items.

At this point you have a solid basis for your template. You should have your chestpiece, weapon and a couple accessories (with ToA bonuses included). Be 100% sure that you have selected the strongest items you can get in your template before moving forward... very important.

Step #5+ -Evaluate your template and it's needs, adding in items based off either highest utility or hardest to find in slot. This is a balanced approach and requires the most amount of thinking, this is when a template really becomes creative. Prioritize accessories over armor pieces (simply because spellcrafting is available). It really becomes a balancing act at this point... there WILL be a lot of tinkering, evaluating numbers and the like.

Final mentions: Loki has a "configure" button which if you have a large vault of data entered into the program, the program will have more options to choose from and the greater likelihood you end up with something you want. Loki will choose from ALL the items in your database, so if you have 2 chest pieces in data, you may not end up with the correct toa bonuses chestpiece, gotta run the program or the program runs u 😛
Also Kaolinth caverns or equivalent dungeon drops spell 2 range bracers and 2 rings spell dmg ToA bonuses - Ty @DAOCPIMP for suggestion
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Beginning Your template

Thanks for this post. I expected to see more of these how to kind of posts.

Your post assumes a few things that may not be true:
1. That one can sell stuff - you need a house and consignment merchant for that.
2. That you've a lot of high utility rogs to choose from. I've leveled 1 char to 50 and only have a few ROGs above 60 utility - nothing template worthy.

My challenge has been trying to find mobs that drop rogs that may be useful. I've been using Allakhazam but its not very user friendly to search.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

stewbeedoo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:27 pm Thanks for this post. I expected to see more of these how to kind of posts.

Your post assumes a few things that may not be true:
1. That one can sell stuff - you need a house and consignment merchant for that.
2. That you've a lot of high utility rogs to choose from. I've leveled 1 char to 50 and only have a few ROGs above 60 utility - nothing template worthy.

My challenge has been trying to find mobs that drop rogs that may be useful. I've been using Allakhazam but its not very user friendly to search.
I fear that you won't find many mobs with drops useful for a template if you run solo. It is quite clear that the only way to have a template here is group farming. Even the Epic quest (which should give good items, but not the best to be used in a definitive template) must be done in party...
This is it, I know that someone will soon say "DAOC is a multiplayer game!"....... anyway I don't think soloers will receive much love on this Shard.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Darkstar
Wanderer
Wanderer

What alb classes are good for pve groups to farm rogs?

As for solo, I'm guessing friar/necro?

Thinking I might want a group friendly pve char and a solo one for high level mob farming.
TJ Tacos
Wanderer
Wanderer

The download link from the loki website doesnt work. Anyone find a way to download?
JediWizard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Nice guide thanks for sharing this info to help new players!
Kryp#2026
Wanderer
Wanderer

yeah but what you do because certain loki's items from its database have different stats than these ones in Eden DB?
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Zenkcraft is the better tool for templating.
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

stewbeedoo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:31 am Zenkcraft is the better tool for templating.
Absolutely worth the 3$ :idea: