Suggestion Animist.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Epicburn
Esquire
Esquire

Suggestion Animist.

Since a good portion of the custom server changes outside of patch 1.9x come from 1.114, might I suggest making the increase of animist fnf shrooms to 8 that was introduced in 1.114 as well. That seems like a solid balance between the low amount of 5 and the top of 15 cap or if we are unable to make that change possibly allow the change introduced in 1.111 that allows a animist to have one controllable mobile pet. Introducing both would be a fantastic balance but if only one could be done 8 would be a whole lot better for solo/farm or 5 with the controlled pet for a bit more mobility.

I made this suggestion on the discord as well but not sure what one is monitored more closely.
zonks
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Suggestion Animist.

Would be nice to have a few extra shrooms to place down utility shrooms along with the damage dealers you need. And not having to release and call you pet over and over would be nice.
Zerogeist
Esquire
Esquire

Epicburn wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:09 pm Since a good portion of the custom server changes outside of patch 1.9x come from 1.114, might I suggest making the increase of animist fnf shrooms to 8 that was introduced in 1.114 as well. That seems like a solid balance between the low amount of 5 and the top of 15 cap or if we are unable to make that change possibly allow the change introduced in 1.111 that allows a animist to have one controllable mobile pet. Introducing both would be a fantastic balance but if only one could be done 8 would be a whole lot better for solo/farm or 5 with the controlled pet for a bit more mobility.

I made this suggestion on the discord as well but not sure what one is monitored more closely.
This is correct and would help immensely
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

have you seen how many theurg pets go out at once

specially in the low level bgs have you fought against a theurg?????

simmer those down
Epicburn
Esquire
Esquire

Lets not Hijack the suggestion with rants about other classes.

I understand your ongoing frustration with theurg pets as witnessed in your forum posts but that's not really what is trying to be accomplished here.
Ebenezer
Esquire
Esquire

Wandering main pet is great, heck we asked for that on live for a couple decades before we got it.
We were even willing to give up it's ability to fight while it was moving - just so we didn't have to rebuff it. (If it's not on "Stay", it's locked on "Passive")
Best as an ability on the regular controlled, not a special shroom gated for high level play.

More FnFs? Nobody needs that. Maybe a split cap to get some utility shrooms down though. 8 total shrooms, but no more than 5 offense or 5 defense (so you could go 5+3 or 4+4 or 3+5).
Epicburn
Esquire
Esquire

I mean I disagree with no one needing 8 fnfs but glad you bumped the post. They could make a 3k shroom cap for all I care but 8 fnf +1 is fantastic for solo/small and farm.

It was a kinda a Either/Or type of deal but both would be fantastic.

If I only had 5 Fnfs but I had a mobile 6th that would be great or if I had 8 fnfs and a 9th control that would be great.. obviously both would be fantastic but I think either changes would be a massive improvement.
Cal
Wanderer
Wanderer

I like the suggestions in this thread. I really don't care for a mobile pet. Leave that to Enchanters. Theurgists can spam as many as they want, 4 per enemy target and never run out of POW! We get 5 "stationary" that cant even move. Animists need some love!

I do agree that 8 pets would be nice. I know pet spam was something some loved/hated but the class is pretty gimp with just 5 pets.

Animist should be KING of farming (maybe = to Enchanter), not a VW, Druid, Champ, Warden

One last thing I noticed is that the higher you get, the less aggro the shrooms get so I am running in circles instead of my shrooms taking the heat.
Baba
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi, interresting
I'm rvr animist (bg and 8/small), my feedbacks :
- in bg 5 shroomz(+1 main pet) is not enough to have impact, in 8men it's ok
- mobile pet could be nice to have more rupt in 8men
- the 5L ras is not efficient in this server, your self shape is bigger than tanggler and 50% no spending power is useless
Epicburn
Esquire
Esquire

Mobile pet would also greatly improve rr5 camouflage

as it is right now.. hitting the rr5 is basically "don't move" and hope they don't notice the slightly larger shroom.

At least with a mobile pet it might make them go "That could be someone's pet"