Opinion of Eden

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Labra
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Opinion of Eden

While I agree with some of issues mentionned (currencies, long pve grind), I believe the main problem is players and not the server itself.

Hitting lvl 50 is pretty fast. Hitting CL5 also (only one dungeons).
The "longest" part would be getting the dragonslayer armor.

Lvl 50, with some stuffs gathered and dragonslayer armor, you can go pvp and be decent.
People nowadays are mostly grinding because they want the perfect temp before stepping outside.
I can understand that point of view but pvp is do-able before this.
People could go pvp with "decent" stuff, then go pve from time to time, or buy stuff to imprive their temp
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

The grind???? this game is so easy and takes a short period of time to become fully geared level 50

Theres no grind in this game play the game you get level 50 and have plenty of money to template

I felt the complete opposite very satisfied with how easy and fast it was to hit 50 and fully template extremely fast and easy

I cant see how anyone could possibly complain about how quick it is to hit 50 and gear up...

its too easy
Eulogy
Wanderer
Wanderer

What? I brought in like 5 people who have never played daoc before and on their own they were able to hit 50 in 3 days. And get templated in the first week learning the game all on their own. WHAT!?! lol. This is 100% false. Yes it may lack on farming spots to make plat but you are waaaaaaaaaay over thinking it. You can run raids every time they run em literally on CD with respawn timers.

You can swap currency for what you need or buy it with bounty points. Most templates only need 2-3 player-crafted items rest comes from raids or on rare classes they need a rog or two. Sorry but at most it only takes a casual player a full week to get templated. Stop trying to make perfect templates they do not exist here.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Eulogy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:56 pm What? I brought in like 5 people who have never played daoc before and on their own they were able to hit 50 in 3 days. And get templated in the first week learning the game all on their own. WHAT!?! lol. This is 100% false. Yes it may lack on farming spots to make plat but you are waaaaaaaaaay over thinking it. You can run raids every time they run em literally on CD with respawn timers.

You can swap currency for what you need or buy it with bounty points. Most templates only need 2-3 player-crafted items rest comes from raids or on rare classes they need a rog or two. Sorry but at most it only takes a casual player a full week to get templated. Stop trying to make perfect templates they do not exist here.
^ well said
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

Unless you zerg, roll alb caster group or play hib there is no point in playing here. the balance is just way off.

I can't believe I'm saying this but even with the 1 month ban on stealthers on Phoenix release it can't actually end being worse than playing an SB on eden.

I still have hope they're going to address many of these issues. They've proven to be a very competent team with a vision. I want to give them more time.
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

rgarrett wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm The grind???? this game is so easy and takes a short period of time to become fully geared level 50

Theres no grind in this game play the game you get level 50 and have plenty of money to template

I felt the complete opposite very satisfied with how easy and fast it was to hit 50 and fully template extremely fast and easy

I cant see how anyone could possibly complain about how quick it is to hit 50 and gear up...

its too easy
It's very easy if you don't have a job, family, or any other commitments isn't it? For those of us that have a lot of hours at work, family, other things it's a big deal. This is by far the slowest server ever made to get money or a template. This is 100% dark age of farmelot to never get to rvr.
Bomberholic
Wanderer
Wanderer

I wish it would scale. meaning the time it takes for your first 50 on a realm is the quickest and gets significantly slower with each character after that. And if you choose a different realm it would be even slower still. That way your casual players could get their 50 leveled just like everyone else and those that have more time could level all the characters they want.
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

I agree that the grind for gear takes too long, my guild and myself have also been playing less and less because of that specific grind for the gear to have a good template. Overwatch and live are starting to look better. With all of that being said, I think the devs have done a great job here, I don’t know why other players think that the grind is necessary because most of the dark age players have careers and don’t just work at McDonald’s or live in a basement. The only thing holding back the population is the grind. Maybe just slicing the overall gear costs in half and a one currency end game would greatly fix this.

Right now on a solo level 50, completing all the Deserter Quests only nets me 95 currency a day, before exchange rate if I need to swap.

Devs have done a great job here.

As for toxic play base who want people to grind. Enjoy playing by yourself with yourself.

You see the grind combined with the RSP cap being lifted furthers the distance between time put in to be good, NOT skill. Just my 2 cents.
Send It.
Kikicorky
Wanderer
Wanderer

I am on the casual side (not to mention my shitty timezone), quite bad at this game and I gave free RPs numerous time because of playing half naked in Frontier, but it took me roughly 3 weeks to get templated. And there was literally no grind involved, I just patiently waited to be able to collect everything I needed mainly because I can't spend more than 30mn doing pve without falling asleep on my keyboard.
How can this be so bad for so many crybabies over here?

The only tough things was to not be fully independent for the creation of my template: I had to rely on BGs organized by others for big raids and ask my guildmates for the crafted parts or couple of merchant items.
Yes, too bad, I had to ask/wait for help in a MMORPG :(
I could even buy expensive stuff on housing with the plats made while playing RvR (which is a shit ton to be honest)

The thing is, people are spoiled nowadays and want to be able to do everything solo and fast. The sad part is that even giving them what they want would not make them stay longer anyway.

To the devs : please don't listen to those guys.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Vladamire wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:52 am
rgarrett wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm The grind???? this game is so easy and takes a short period of time to become fully geared level 50

its too easy
It's very easy if you don't have a job, family, or any other commitments isn't it? For those of us that have a lot of hours at work, family, other things it's a big deal. This is by far the slowest server ever made to get money or a template. This is 100% dark age of farmelot to never get to rvr.
Good one assuming I dont work all day like you.

Get over it its not difficult stop using your real life as an excuse
Typical forum posts instantly attacking everyone.
I attack back all I see is baby tears.
You are wrong