Mouse Movement

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
Slanter
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mouse Movement

I've got some functional limitations with the fingers on my left hand so using the WASD for movement is challenging for me. I've seen posts about linking movement to the mouse.. holding r or l button to move forward and change directions but I can't seem to get it to work or find specific instructions. Ideally holding R & L mouse button to move forward and then mouse movement to change direction would work best. Is there a way to do this and maybe a site or post that gives specific directions on how to set it up?
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: Mouse Movement

Holding down together R&L mouse buttons has always moved the toon and let it turn around., it should be a standard ingame option. The issue is that you cannot strafe in this way, you still need to use keys (Q&E or others).
If you are into spending a little money (and change your Daoc life forever) I'll suggest you to get a keypad (I use a Razr Tartarus) and use the thumb switch (if you can) for forward/backward movement and strafe right/left. Then use the right mouse (or other easy key) to turn around. Then you can map all the keys on the pad for your convenience, also with macros if needed. It literally changes your life in Daoc, at the point that you'll never be able to get back to a "simple" keyboard anymore :D
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Teehehe
Wanderer
Wanderer

in game type /keyboard then you need to bind your secondary forward movement to left+right mouse and make sure mouse look is set to left mouse or right mouse

as stated above this does not allow you to strafe
Fin / Valar wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:18 pm Holding down together R&L mouse buttons has always moved the toon and let it turn around., it should be a standard ingame option. The issue is that you cannot strafe in this way, you still need to use keys (Q&E or others).
If you are into spending a little money (and change your Daoc life forever) I'll suggest you to get a keypad (I use a Razr Tartarus) and use the thumb switch (if you can) for forward/backward movement and strafe right/left. Then use the right mouse (or other easy key) to turn around. Then you can map all the keys on the pad for your convenience, also with macros if needed. It literally changes your life in Daoc, at the point that you'll never be able to get back to a "simple" keyboard anymore :D
I believe its only default if you select a certain keyboard layout i forget which one but the others do not auto set it

MMO Default sets left + right as move forward but the others do not it sets the arrow keys as the 2ndary move forward
Slanter
Wanderer
Wanderer

Thanks for the responses! R&L mouse buttons weren't working for movement but I might have messed up some mapping at some point. I'll definitely check out the keypad too -- thumb works fine - its my middle & ring finger I have to be creative with.