INF in thid

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Reguile
Wanderer
Wanderer

INF in thid

I play as an inf in thid, my PA used to hit hard. I heard PA got nerfed, alright. I tried it out for awhile now.
My PA is capped at 230 or 240dmg with a 3.6spd 99% sword.
Styles do meh damage after. (Avg maybe 40-50)
Poison does about 30-40 per tick, which I'll say is really good.
My stats are capped, besides for qui, which is halfway. Cs is 21+3. Blade 18+5. I even started using buff pots recently. (I think PA went to 260dmg?)

I can PA a caster, it normally caps and hits for 240 dmg. This usually brings their health to around 40-60%.
May get a hit or two after.
The caster just QC a CC onto me, runs and blows me up.
BDs just stand there and insta nukes/lt me for over 100dmg every few seconds while his pets heal him. Even with disease, my damage output isnt enough. My PA gets them to half life and they're back at full in a few seconds.
I PA's a caster who was sitting down. 240dmg. Stood up, CC's and ran away/nuked me.
PA'd a skald. Around 240dmg.
They insta DDx2 me, style and mez me. Repeat, dead, if not, maybe 10% hp.
In an instant, they did over 300dmg to me on something they dont even need to set up.
300hp is a little over half hp for an inf this level, as they have around 500-550 range, unbuffed.
Casters hitting me with a bolt hits harder than my PA at around 270-330 and they have 2 at a 1850 range.
For me to do my 240 capped dmg, i gotta be in their face and then follow up with maybe

Are there any future plans to increase cap dmg on crit strikes? Infs are bad in pve and now mediocre in pvp (atleast in thid.)
Maybe some advice would be nice as well, if im playing wrong. I understand infs pick their fights most of the time and fight strategically, which I do. But they should also be able to hold their own when they get their jump on a player.
With the nerf to PA dmg, it feels like it made them almost completely obsolete.
Marcus
Count
Count

Re: INF in thid

PA wasn't exactly nerfed, it was corrected to the proper formula and is now accurate. The opener damage is still very good and you can still easily kill casters. Try getting purge 2 which you can get in thidranki as the cap is 2L4 (level 24).
Reguile
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: INF in thid

Sorry if I am sounding argumental, I am not. Just pitching in my perspective of the topic.

Although purge is a really good and costly solution to getting out of CC's so I can finish off some casters(once every 10mins,) it would mean I'd have to build up to around 2L0 to get. Which would be difficult to do. Then doing so will also make me have to put away MoStealth/Pain, which will gimp me a bit.

PA does do nice damage, but a regular 2h style seems to hit me almost/just as hard as a style that I have to set up for.
BD's insta lifetap does almost half of PA's capped dmg. Skald's burst damage does more than PA's cap.
Then after, my regular style damage is low, even lower without the MoPain. (Which 2 or 4 points would almost double my crit rate.)
The damage formula on PA may be decent, but it appears to cap out a bit on the low side.
Not saying the PA should be a 1 hit wonder but inf seem outclassed.