Login | Register

Post subject: In-combat bug with classes that use Stealth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 am 
Esquire
Scout, Infiltrator, Minstrel
Hunter, Shadowblade
Ranger, Nightshade

I believe this bug applies to all classes involved with Stealth.

Any bow/weapon with a DoT proc (in my case, the Eous's Long Bow and Fool's Bow (Alb) - only 2 bows/items I have atm that DoT procs)
Acid Shot (I noticed duration of DoT is not shown in this ability's tooltip)
Poison Shot (I noticed duration of DoT is not shown in this ability's tooltip)
Envenom Poisons (player-crafted/sold by NPC)

(Edit to add here: I have tested styles (Perforate Artery, for one) that put bleed DoTs on enemy targets - there is NO bug and stealth is NOT being restricted when disengaged from combat (working as intended).)

Okay, simply put... the player takes way too long to go back into stealth after hitting enemy target. If the enemy target is out of range (or the player disengages from target) and has a DoT on him, the player cannot go back into stealth until the DoT wears off on enemy target. I believe this DoT effect keeps the player in combat and prevents stealth, making the player more vulnerable than he should be. The DoT is a secondary damage effect while the actual shots/melee attacks are primary damage. Secondary damage shouldn't keep the player in combat and prevent stealth, correct?

Thought it was a unintended bug by the system and reported it here in the bug report forum. If it is an easy fix... and it can be done, TYVM! I have a feeling it is not just one thing, but several things... and it is a somewhat-complicated bug to fix since I found out bleed style DoTs have no issue with stealth. o.O

Besides enemy targets in RvR, this bug works ONLY on the Pantheon player targets and Hit Back Dummy. Tested at APK in Thidranki. The other 2 dummies don't show the bug. Perhaps those dummies are PvE targets and everything else is PvP-related?

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: In-combat bug with classes that use Stealth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:35 am 
Administrator
This is not the same thing pve/pvp , many mechanisms works differently.
And for the dot i'm pretty sure it's a bug, but like everything, even if it's not hard to fix, we need to make a test on Pendragon before, that's why some easy things takes time to get fixed.

Profile  Offline