mentalist rr5 doesnt work sometimes

Find any bug ? Report it !
Stunningstyles
Wanderer
Wanderer

mentalist rr5 doesnt work sometimes

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeacefulEnterta ... MbEm4li7yO
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuaveCheerfulEa ... ewMi_VJLMq
you can see the animation go off for rr5 but enemy still can attack. Watch the animation go off on the target and they still hit within the next 5 seconds
Wheelp
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: mentalist rr5 doesnt work sometimes

My first thought about the videos is the zerk is using his rr5 to shrug off CC and the Arms is using Fury / Rampage for the same effect.
Stunningstyles
Wanderer
Wanderer

It would have showed resist effect im assuming or target immune. regardless nothing should surpass ment rr5
Afran
Wanderer
Wanderer

I'm not able to provide a video as I don't record my gameplay, just want to echo the problem that op is having.

As it is right now, ment rr5 is not reliable when used against multiple targets - it either won't stop them from attacking you at all or will only last a few seconds.
Marcus
Count
Count

It seems the 150 radius aoe portion of the abilities does not work. You can see it only affects 1 of the 2 players on you.
Afran
Wanderer
Wanderer

We did some testing and found out what it was.

There's fall off to the duration of the rr5 depending on the distance of those hit from your target. The target will have the full 20 seconds, target at 80 range will have 13 seconds, 128 range will be 3 seconds.

I was 99% sure this wasn't the case on live, but we tested it on live to be sure and can confirm that on live it lasts the full 20 seconds on every target regardless of distance.

This also lines up with the times at which Stunningstyles gets hit by certain targets in his vods.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Thank you Afran for a good investigation. The spell type has been set to have no area fall off and should be effective with the next patch. I will leave the thread open for a couple of days if this shouldn't resolve it.
Karen
Developer
Developer

No news is good news ;) closing.