SM Pet Intercept Damage

Find any bug ? Report it !
Yokahu
Wanderer
Wanderer

SM Pet Intercept Damage

As requested in Discord, I'm creating a bug report.

This post is regarding Beta Patch Note #23:
"- Spiritmaster pet should no longer take reduced damage on intercept. (Verified on live)"

I'm not sure what was meant by "Verified on live" -if it was the actual 2022 live or 2009 live, but the spiritmaster pet should take reduced damage on intercept around this patch era (at least in the 1.121 patch, it was still taking reduced dmg). 'Live' had a huge pet revamp, so i wouldn't use current 'live' (2022) pet mechanics for a baseline.

I found a video of 2016 (made by Lithlet: "[solo #22] daoc ywain - rr4 spiritmaster 2016") where multiple SM fights were shown.

I captured screenshots (see attachments) from different fights showing the damage done by the enemy to the SM, and the damage done by the same enemy to the pet on successful intercept. In summary, it demonstrate that the damage on intercept is reduced by less than 30%; given damage variance, i would guess the number should be 33% of the full damage amount.

Highlights of the screenshots:
Carircry's damage to the SM using the offhand ‘mace’: 123, 138, 126, 137
Carircry's damage to the pet on intercept using the ‘mace’: 39, 34, 35, 32

Hashpala's damage to the SM using a ‘rapier’: 110
Hashpala's damage to the pet on intercept using the ‘rapier’: 30
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: SM Pet Intercept Damage

Thank you for a thorough investigation. This will be resolved by next patch.