i didnt get my cl5 from king quest

Find any bug ? Report it !
sunshineunits4
Esquire
Esquire

fresh 50 got coc quest from king, finished raid, no credits or turn-in. then, duplicated quests in journal.

reporting a bugged instance of the quest The King's Champion, and its Cave of Cruachon battlegroup run-through. the *King, in tnn offered me this quest, and maybe the npc inside coc does as well, but i had a legit copy of the quest at start, and it operated right as we did the whole run. later i went back to the instance to try and turn it in, after the king ignored me, and found the npc at the little entryway just inside the door. i talked to him ...and found i now had TWO lines identical quests in my journal..all reading 0/1 for everything. :( examine the screenshots below please and maybe whatever bugged it for me can be fixed for others. thankyou :)

if the king is not* supposed to offer this quest, (but the coc npc is) it could have something to do with me leveling TO 50, then talking tot he king and getting it, without logging out or restarting in between the two events, idk.

screenshots follow to help diagnose where the problem was.

(heres what i did)

I went to a COC BG group for the CL5 quest, got the quest from the king first, then took a group members portal into the first room. (had the quest in my log, all looked good, first visit there, and saw no questgiver npc, as the portal took me past the little foyer where i now know npc 'garran' is. but did* have the kings champion quest - see screenshot) so thought nothing of it.

we ran through the whole place, killing all the bosses i shot a few screenshots because it looks cool etc etc. i was getting popups for the quest credits as we went, the '1/1' you killed xyz boss ones. got one for each boss as i remember. and all the others in the bg turned in theirs fine for full credit.

so, after we killed crom cruiache the end boss, i tried to pull a leftover mob and died, then released to DL like normal, then ported to tnn to the king to get my reward. he just popped up a little message that said to go do great deeds and i'd be rewarded, and did NOT remember giving me a quest, or me finishing it.

asked a groupmate, and he said there was an npc, so i went back to coc ent, on foot this time and zoned in with the door/entrance, and lo i see this npc named Garran there, and talk to him.
he...gives me the quest again, to start. and i open my log/journal and it shows two sets of that quest in there, which shouldnt be possible, neither has credit for anything so...here i am, screenshots follow. this was about 11:00pm pacific time (usa) that we finished, maybe little sooner on 1/21.

thanks for whatever you can do to get me credit for this, it was a bit long :P.

thanks, love the server so far!
Sunshineunits4[
Last edited by sunshineunits4 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
sunshineunits4
Esquire
Esquire

Re: fresh 50 got coc quest from king finished raid, no credits or turnin.

had trouble with screenshot upload , sec.
1proof of king giving quest kings champ.png
y_proof of last room boss crom with bg there.png
z_after king no joy_went to coc and found garran_Doubled questlog_the kings champion_quest but 0s.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arkness
Wanderer
Wanderer

i didnt get my cl5 from king quest

I just did lvl 50. CL 1 here. I went into Brimstone and did grab the quest from the npc inside there. Then i did recall that i didnt take the q from King then i went back and grabbed it. Then i went into brimstone, turned in some quest, completed the dungeon and now the king dont give me the 5cls.
I suppose it's a bug from the new +1 cl quest introduced last patch.

Arknesz char name on albion.

UPDATE:
The npc inside Brimstone doesnt talk to u, and king neither.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: i didnt get my cl5 from king quest

Pre-req is reversed, solved by next reboot
EpicAkuma
Wanderer
Wanderer

Did not get credit 2 times for Brimstone CL5

I ran the Brimstone 2 times with my cleric today.
the first time when I got to the king it would not turn in for a group of people, I logged off and came back expecting it would be fixed later, when I logged in, all the kills on my journal were reset to 0. I went and did the Quest again, however this time he gave me 1 scroll and no weapon and I am now CL level 5 with no option to repeat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sprendy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Brimstone quest

today i did brimstone quest but i got only 1 CL scroll from my first run on paladin. It's a bug or is 5 CL first time for Account?
Shirio
Wanderer
Wanderer

Halls of Hellgard / King Quest bugged after Patch

Hi

Today we did Halls of Hellgard for the CL Quest (Instant CL5). I did the Quest with a fresh lvl 50 and i only get 1 Scroll. There are more People who don't get the free cl 5!

Some People say, that you get the quest who you can get after first clear.. i didnt look what exactly Quest i had.. but i did HoH with 5 chars and it always worked.. :D

I can't post a screen.. because Quest is done. neither a video.. or log.. but there are plenty people with the same problem..

greets
Serenitee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Brimstone quest

Not a single user issue: 87 on CL5 in alb, and many (if not all) received 1 cl xp scroll on first run through ;( Per notes, first run should still provide 5.

Any chance of a pack drop of the other 4 for those on the raid today when this is fixed?
Mortal Wombat
Wanderer
Wanderer

I have the same problem. Only got one scroll and can't choose a CL weapon.
Jontic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Also did not get CL5 credit on first run. Any update on this?