Pets.. Dissapearing/attacking through walls,floors,ceilings.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
poisonclovers
Esquire
Esquire

Pets.. Dissapearing/attacking through walls,floors,ceilings.

Taking 3 pet classes to 50 during alpha/beta. its absurd.

the pets doing the disappear dance while hitting people in towers/keeps can you at least increase lord/guard damage to them? that one hit from lord, should one shot the pet before he resets and tries to chase it through the wall/floor. and the pet re appears and hits you again. keeping you in combat, interrupted and well till you just die.

maybe another temporary fix would be making it so when you get hit with siege you don't auto target them. that way you can at least stay out of los and make it a lot harder for a pet class to target you while your trebbing the ram.
holzkohle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Pets.. Dissapearing/attacking through walls,floors,ceilings.

Pets should be able to go trough walls and gates, most of them are spirits if you look closly.
Making ghosts go trough walls is very realistic, thats what ghosts do. They should attack humanoids trough walls.
Its a nice feature of DAOC.
Luri
Wanderer
Wanderer

holzkohle wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 am Pets should be able to go trough walls and gates, most of them are spirits if you look closly.
Making ghosts go trough walls is very realistic, thats what ghosts do. They should attack humanoids trough walls.
Its a nice feature of DAOC.
Its game breaking, mate.

If you want realism, there are heaps to take a look at.

A trebuchet, should only be able to be dragged by either horses or multiple people. extremely slowly. And no siege equipment should be able to be inside the backpack. Oh actually! Only realistic items should be in backpack. So no more carrying 10 swords, 10 staves, and 5 rams.
Moondragon
Wanderer
Wanderer

poisonclovers wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 pm that one hit from lord, should one shot the pet before he resets and tries to chase it through the wall/floor.
Let me explain something. First, the keep lord hits do a substantial amount of damage to the pet if unbuffed. Some casters have put points, sometimes a lot of points, to buff the pet. Second, many casters still have to heal the pet. What you witness is the caster healing the pet, and the healers usually using group heals as well, which transfer to pets. The combination is why it looks like the keep lord does insignificant damage to some pets, but destroys other pets. Regardless, I still pull my pets back when the keep lord is on them because the damage is still significant despite heals/buffs because I don't want to recast the pet(s), recast the buffs, etc.

This game is over 20 years old, and for most of that time I've seen pets go through walls/doors. I've just dealt with it. It's like asking for a change in hib-caster baseline stun as unfair. Some things are simply baked into this game. You've had over 20 years to learn tactics to deal with it. Unfortunately, the most effective tactic people have learned is to cry on forums asking for nerfs because it historically works.
poisonclovers
Esquire
Esquire

First, I'd like to start with this is a "beta feedback" post. It's a huge issue, since I have played all 3 realms pet classes extensively on eden. This is actual feedback on this server, and it's a huge issue.

I offered a small work around as playing all 3 pet classes in all 3 realms extensively here i can tell you what would help a little. I know pet pathing has been an issue in this game since its conception. i have been playing since alpha, i was posting in the beta feedback forum, didn't need you to tell me that it's a 20-year-old problem moon. i offered scenarios in which a person gets into a tower or keep and could fire siege without being auto targeted by the damaging party. what you're saying is hib baseline stun has never been addressed in this game. And to deal with it. (Realm abilities clearly addressed all CC in this game ).
Lorg
Esquire
Esquire

It is entirely posable to fix this it took Pheonix less than 1 week to find a working fix. Rumor has it Eden has a fix but for some reason they are waiting to go live before implementing it. Why they won't put the fix in now so it can be tested i would like to know.
Marcus
Count
Count

Lorg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:05 pm It is entirely posable to fix this it took Pheonix less than 1 week to find a working fix. Rumor has it Eden has a fix but for some reason they are waiting to go live before implementing it. Why they won't put the fix in now so it can be tested i would like to know.
Giving you a 1 month break from the forums as you already have 2 warnings. Don't spread false rumors. Please be respectful and understanding of those who volunteer to fix bugs for a 20 year old game you play for free. It will be done by launch.