Archery Abilities, help me out please

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Quathan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Archery Abilities, help me out please

I am trying to navigate all the abilities in the "new" Archery system.

I tried googling for information. but found no real guidance on the subject.

Here trying to sum up the shots:

4 Magic types(2 DOT, 2 direct dmg) - Long casting time.. on paper they seem for niche use only?

Volly, Long Shot & Rapid Fire - All situational by the looks just like their previous versions

information from the official site:
Critical Shot, "You must be stealthed to fire this shot. This shot will penetrate a bladeturn, but will not break it." - I assume it is the always go-to opener from stealth?

Standard Shot - With so many other arrow options is it even a shot that is used?

Power Shot, "This shot will penetrate a bladeturn and break it. The draw time on this shot is not modified by your dexterity." - What situation would you be using this?

Point Blank Shot - Short range for a shorter loading time... I assume it is always used for any target within the 1000 range?

Please share your experience and thoughts on how to prioritize the use of these abilties. Thank you
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Archery Abilities, help me out please

The shots depend on playstyle. I'll give you my solo perspective.

I let the target get relatively close and open up with Critshot followed by Pointblanks followed by melee.

The DOT shots are really only useful for hitting a fleeing stealther to delay them stealthing. Fire/Cold/Powershot are useless in RvR.

Standard & Long shot are useful if the target runs. Rapid Fire for interrupting a caster is ok.

So my RVR quickbar is Critshot, Pointblank, Standard, Longshot, Rapid Fire, Poisonshot.

Cheers!
Wellzy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Archery Abilities, help me out please

Love the new archery system!
Lots of strats you can use depending on situation.

Crit shot - Opener most of the time.
Powershot - good opener on caster if you have the time (breaks bubble) - LONG draw time, so only if enemy is nearly stationary.
Standard shot - Your usual shot for medium range subsequent shots. (move to long shot obviously if out of range)
Point blank shot - ALWAYS use this if the target is in range, this is your BEST ability by far.
Fire/cold shot - Decent opener if you are with another archer who is already crit shotting (you cant double crit shot one target)
Rapid fire - caster interrupter

Acid shot / poison shot - never use complete garbage.