New Joiner Questions

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Erikksen
Wanderer
Wanderer

New Joiner Questions

Hey all,

I will join when Eden is live and am currently making considerations what to play, so I hope you can help me out:

My time zone is CET (EU time). Due to private and work life, there is very limited time to play fixed schedule or long hours. Therefore, I wanted to go with a class that is "groupable" but also able to play solo or participate in the occasional zerg.

My initial thoughts are:
  • Skald would fit the bill but having played skald for 10 years, I grew tired of it
  • Shaman with a 37 mend 38 cave spec. But this depends on how buffpots, shears and buff bonus work.
  • Theurg: A staple for any alb group
  • Armsman: I recall them hitting like a truck in 1.9X and having a good groupability due to peeler role
  • Bainshee or animist. Don't like Hib melee and healer would be boring I reckon
I will only have time to play 1 character, so my choice will also depend on the action I am supposed to have around 8-10PM CET. If one realm dominates, I rather join another.

For now I am leaning towards Shaman but I would like to know if:
  • buffpots are shearable
  • how many points buffpots give to DEX. I recall first buffpots gave around +100 while yellow shaman buffs give +152 on DEX with 25% buffbonus
Lastly, are there speed pots available? They were intrudced at some point, and I do not recall if that was v1.9X or later.

Thanks!
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: New Joiner Questions

Skald would be the best choice, but if you want to try something new what about a Thane? I don't know how it will be in solo here, but surely is groupable and much fun in zergs :D

P.S. Bainshees are not here, fortunately :lol:
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

IF you want a no messing around, very good at PvE/RvR
Always gets a group

Animist (hib)
Sham (mid)
Thug (alb)

the ONLY no shearable buffs are self buffs from items not pots
Marcus
Count
Count

Erikksen wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:32 pm Hey all,

I will join when Eden is live and am currently making considerations what to play, so I hope you can help me out:

My time zone is CET (EU time). Due to private and work life, there is very limited time to play fixed schedule or long hours. Therefore, I wanted to go with a class that is "groupable" but also able to play solo or participate in the occasional zerg.

My initial thoughts are:
  • Skald would fit the bill but having played skald for 10 years, I grew tired of it
  • Shaman with a 37 mend 38 cave spec. But this depends on how buffpots, shears and buff bonus work.
  • Theurg: A staple for any alb group
  • Armsman: I recall them hitting like a truck in 1.9X and having a good groupability due to peeler role
  • Bainshee or animist. Don't like Hib melee and healer would be boring I reckon
I will only have time to play 1 character, so my choice will also depend on the action I am supposed to have around 8-10PM CET. If one realm dominates, I rather join another.

For now I am leaning towards Shaman but I would like to know if:
  • buffpots are shearable
  • how many points buffpots give to DEX. I recall first buffpots gave around +100 while yellow shaman buffs give +152 on DEX with 25% buffbonus
Lastly, are there speed pots available? They were intrudced at some point, and I do not recall if that was v1.9X or later.

Thanks!
Buff pots are not shearable. They give less points compared to player buffs though.
I am not sure of exact numbers. Buy buff pots in housing and test.
Speed pots are available for BPs at any BP merchant.