1-2p RvR Zone?

Discuss about RvR
Nikodemius
Wanderer
Wanderer

1-2p RvR Zone?

Heya friends,

id like to talk about the solo experience (yes, i know DAoC isnt a solo game, but still) so far :

Bridges are empty.

2p Deserter spots get owned by smallmans (so u cant hope to find too many 2p groups there)

Open field = u get run over by 8 player groups.

Poc = u dont battle through a ton of mobs just to hope to meet someone solo.

DF = prob the only spot to try.

Zerging isnt for me tbh, so..

Any ideas? Should i just quit the solo attempts / thoughts?

How do u guys think about a max 2 player grouped RvR zone? .... well, u could bypass that and make multiple 2p groups.. yeah..
so.. back to "any ideas?"
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 1-2p RvR Zone?

The problem is with anything that caters for the solo aspect (own zone/bg) is it quickly becomes a bow town
Blitze
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vildi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:54 am The problem is with anything that caters for the solo aspect (own zone/bg) is it quickly becomes a bow town
Yup, just like 8v8 zones become similar, with self-enforced ruleset. (e.g. when added, stopping the 1v1 or 8v8 and turning and killing the adder).

I am no fan of 1v1 or 2v2 or 5v5 or 8v8 zones.
I think they are PvP not RvR.
I would much prefer lower RP per hour as a soloer in a messy environment of all group sizes and zergs. However, i understand that this leads a lot of soloers to quit, especially as non-speed visi soloers who get ran over by everything all the time.

Catering to solos is possible though...
I can think of one good example: Phoenix ran a solo events using the desert ToA map, that was hectic and fun for the first day or so... 1v1s, 1v1v1s, 1v2s, 1v3s etc! Phoenix also did an 8 soloer map as last man standing, which was significantly less fun.
renulan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Any more zones or landmass that split RvR action away from itself actively hurts RvR as a whole unfortunately.