Character Creation issue

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
Krokpot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Character Creation issue

I keep trying to create a character to try a different class and when i finish the character creation process, nothing shows up in my list of characters. it all stays blank. I deleted my previous character thinking maybe i can only have one character at a time, but still doesnt let me create a character. After i click "create" and chose all the options and name / class etc.. the character list stays blank.

ive restarted the client, ive tried about 12 or so times to make a new guy and the same thing keeps happening.

any help?

thanks
Marcus
Count
Count

Re: Character Creation issue

Krokpot wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:12 pm I keep trying to create a character to try a different class and when i finish the character creation process, nothing shows up in my list of characters. it all stays blank. I deleted my previous character thinking maybe i can only have one character at a time, but still doesnt let me create a character. After i click "create" and chose all the options and name / class etc.. the character list stays blank.

ive restarted the client, ive tried about 12 or so times to make a new guy and the same thing keeps happening.

any help?

thanks
Likely invalid class + race combinations. Please visit the charplanner to see what is available charplan?c=Animist&l=50&rr=5L0&&p=s

By launch, we are hoping to change the character creation screen so it's not possible to attempt invalid combos, but it is extremely difficult code wise.

Edit: It is now fixed! viewtopic.php?t=1153
Jetron
Wanderer
Wanderer

I have the same issue. On Midgard I had 3 characters, deleted one, and tried to create a Norseman Mauler. But when finished with the character creation it failed to show up on my list of created characters. I have tried many times to add legitimate character/class combinations to Midgard but they repeatedly fail. On other realms I have no problem. I subsequently was successful creating a Kobold Spiritmaster on Midgard, but cannot figure out why I cannot create a Norseman Mauler. This combination shows up as possible. I also tried several other allowed races with the Mauler class, but none of them end up in my created character list.

I see on your character planner link posted above that there is no Mauler class available on Eden, unlike in the main client. So, why is this combination not greyed out?
Halma
Wanderer
Wanderer

Jetron wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:42 pm I see on your character planner link posted above that there is no Mauler class available on Eden, unlike in the main client. So, why is this combination not greyed out?
All private servers I played on did not gray out their unavailable combinations, probably because editing this menu is a pain in the ass or will give the devs trouble when users are patching their clients.
Halma - Avalon/Midgard 2001-2002, Avalon/Hib 2003-2004
Marcus
Count
Count

This is now fixed :)

viewtopic.php?t=1153