Warden Spec

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Hibernia.
Elfenblut
Wanderer
Wanderer

Warden Spec

Heya everyone,
i'm planning for a Warden as Main, but didnt play one on that patchlvl before, so i have a question about spec especially at the experienced Wardens on that patchlvl ;)
I'll play this char in RvR / 8vs8 / PvE (even solo) - i tried 3 specs with i50 to find out what playstyle fits me best:

A) 35 Regrowth / 45 Nurture / 13 Blades / 42 Shield / 3 Parry
positive: Insta-Rezz, Good Heals, Slam, sufficient Resists and yellow Selfhaste
negative: No good anytimer at lvl 18 Blades, not all Resists purple

The Missing lvl 18 anytimer is noticeable when soloing, for me its not as fluid as with 18 Blades

B) 35 Regrowth / 49 Nurture / 18 Blades / 35 Shield / 3 Parry
positive: Insta-Rezz, Good Heals, Slam, Purple Resists and Selfhaste, good Anytimer at lvl 18 Blades
negative: No Slam

The Missing Slam makes it noticeable harder to land the positional Styles and Peels. For me the most uncomfortable Spec to play atm.

C) 26 Regrowth / 49 Nurture / 18 Blades / 42 Shield / 5 Parry
positive: Stable Heals, Slam, Purple Resists and Selfhaste, good Anytimer at lvl 18 Blades
negative: No Insta-Rezz

Soloing this is by far the most comfortable Spec, but i don't know how much the missing Insta-Rezz and the lower Heals will hurt in RvR, esp. in 8vs8.

So if any experienced Wardens could help me by rating the pros and cons - and the reasons for that, i would really appreciate that ;)

Cya in game - and Hail Hibernia!
So ziehet nun in diese Schlacht - und sei es auch die letzte.
Für uns're Freunde in der Not gebt bis zum Schluss das Beste!
Unbe
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Warden Spec

My first question is : Do you need the anytimer, just to have a button/style, that you can spam ? If you says yes, please try out at a dummy, how high the difference is between using the lvl 18 style and using the taunt if you skill 10, 12 and 18 in Blades. If you do more than 100% more Damage than with the taunt (e.g Your taunt does 50 DMG, so your anytimer does 100 DMG or more Damage (Just hypothetical...), it can be a reason to skill more in weapon.....), you should skill more in weapon. If it is less than 100% more Damage with the anytimer (compared to the taunt..), just run 45 nurt, 35 regrowth, 42 shield, 10 blades (the lvl 12 style is absolutly nonsens to skill [after parry bleeding style.. : you need to parry before, you mostly miss the follow-up-style, if not, your target got a 12 dmg bleeding each tick, so every TANK just LAUGH about that style !! And who else gonna hit you(healer/caster ....), that you can land this stupid after parry-follow up style, to rupt your Target by bleeding ?!? ......] Think about using the Taunt, that you can skill more in parry...more helpful than anything else...
imweasel
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Warden Spec

I'm trying the 35reg 45nurt 13blunt 42shield 3parry spec.

It seems to work extremely well. I took blunt instead of blades due to the 2 chain reaction on a block.