Soooo... they still planning wipes on LIVE servers over time?? if so plz let me know i'm out

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
jaygrae
Wanderer
Wanderer

Soooo... they still planning wipes on LIVE servers over time?? if so plz let me know i'm out

Just as title says.

I dont have the time to re-level AGAIN months down the road after release if they plan future wipes.
Its NOT fun going to 50 so i'd rather just not play.

Anyone know for sure?

thanks.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Soooo... they still planning wipes on LIVE servers over time?? if so plz let me know i'm out

It's a seasonal server so when the population drops to below a certain point RPs/Level gets reset to lvl 1, certain things carry over like craft skills. It's pretty much no different from the server shutting down like Phoenix did and starting again.

Pulled from News and announcements:

What will reset each season?
To allow for that fresh new server feeling along with the possibility of new rulesets, the following will be reset upon a new season - Realm Skill Point cap, levels, gold, all items. In essence, your character is reset to level 1, but long term progression (non economic) carries over.

What if I don't want to lose my progress?
The following will carry over - character name, crafting skills, player herald stats (Solo kills, Mob kills, Relic takes, Keep takes, etc) and titles, unlockable reskins and effects, housing trophies, and PvE mounts. Also, by using the Realm Skill Point cap system above, this enables us to allow your characters' RPs to persist from season to season. This gives your character a real sense of progression even at the end of a season, while at the same time allows new players to not feel left behind when that new season arrives. Disclaimer, in the event of a new season having a wild ruleset such as PvP, it is likely no RPs would carry over just for that one season.
krew#0385
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Soooo... they still planning wipes on LIVE servers over time?? if so plz let me know i'm out

It’s a good thing, I want to play live, but you’re so far behind, and gear scaling is, well yikes, then after that, if you decide “hey I never played a animist in rvr” starting at that low rr while everyone else is rank. 10+ is just a haste, what they’re doing is good.

I play a game called “path of exile” it has seasons, but you don’t keep your name or titles etc, it all goes to “standard” no one really plays standard, also each season it has different rule sets and mechanics. Makes the game very fun and engaging, and by the time burn out happens. 1-2 months into the 3-4 month cycle, you’re already hyped for the reset.

Loyalty should remain though from season to season.
Elfenblut
Wanderer
Wanderer

krew#0385 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:25 pm ...
Loyalty should remain though from season to season.
100% agreed
So ziehet nun in diese Schlacht - und sei es auch die letzte.
Für uns're Freunde in der Not gebt bis zum Schluss das Beste!
jaygrae
Wanderer
Wanderer

Thank you all for the clarification.

I dont have the time anymore for something like that. I can accept RR reset but not leveling all over again.

thanks all and best of luck to you.
Chihuahua
Esquire
Esquire

jaygrae wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:36 am Thank you all for the clarification.

I dont have the time anymore for something like that. I can accept RR reset but not leveling all over again.

thanks all and best of luck to you.
Leveling to 50 is very easy and quick in Eden, also several options to level to 50 - BG RvR, quests, traditional grind etc.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Leveling isn't the worst part (although 1-20 is a real pain lol), the worst part will be to re-template the toons, make raids and raids, farm and grind to get decent rogs... this will be the real deal with seasons
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Marcus
Count
Count

Fin / Valar wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:48 pm Leveling isn't the worst part (although 1-20 is a real pain lol), the worst part will be to re-template the toons, make raids and raids, farm and grind to get decent rogs... this will be the real deal with seasons
If everyone keeps playing Season 1, and the population does not drop to devastatingly low levels, there will be no Season 2 :)

It is a last resort type of action when there is no one left playing.