Eden Daoc
http://eden-daoc.net/

Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
http://eden-daoc.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1302
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Adam [ Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

Considering the amount of players using game client version 1.109 , allowing a lot of cheat tools to work
We decided to set the 1.114 the only client version available to connect to Eden.

(1.114 is the one that has been automaticaly patched by DAoC Portal,
it means: you have nothing to do if you followed the normal procedure to connect to Eden)

Author:  coolstorybro [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

i repatched to 1.109 a while ago and when i log into eden thru daoc portal it doesnt update to 1.114 so where can i find the 1.114 dll?

Author:  Marneux [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

For eden recomended to use a fresh daoc client Live updated
1. PRE-REQUISITE

a. Download a fresh client from Live servers, and then use DAoC Portal or the Eden Launcher to automatically update your client. We are using the 1.114 version, so you can use an User Interface up to this version.

b. Once again do not use the same account name or at least the same password you used on another freeshard to prevent any "hack".

c. You will be prompted to enter a VALID email address in-game (a mail will be sent to validate your account).
It is used to recover your password if you lost it, or prove that you are the owner of the account if someone managed to steal it.

Author:  Heagen [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

coolstorybro wrote:
i repatched to 1.109 a while ago and when i log into eden thru daoc portal it doesnt update to 1.114 so where can i find the 1.114 dll?


Once your client have been patched one time it's done, it's a one time patch, unless you use a fresh client.

But you can get it here

Author:  stan [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

well you guys turned this into a huge pain in the ass....


before you could dual log genesis and eden by just patching eden first then repatching genesis after....


but now you have to redo each patch in order to bounce between the 2 servers...sucks.

Author:  Heagen [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

stan wrote:
well you guys turned this into a huge pain in the ass....


before you could dual log genesis and eden by just patching eden first then repatching genesis after....


but now you have to redo each patch in order to bounce between the 2 servers...sucks.


Like Adam said, 1.109 is a mess, there is too many cheats who works with this version.
And we don't want to spend all our time hunting cheaters (since we avoid to auto ban).

Anyway, you should really use different folders for every shard you play to avoid any problem. (at least for shard who require modified files)

Author:  lanta [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

Impossible to connect...
First i log this morning V1.109 and it doesnt work ( normal ) ...
So i try to patch it, Boom V1.116a So it doesnt work again ...
Im patient, so i unistall the reinstal the game and let the portal make the patch.. 45 min later ...V1.116a...
Arghh...
I download the game.dll put it in my daoc file... i log V1.114 Yahooo !! but impossible to connect ...
:(
Pleeasseee Heeeelppeeeeuuhhh

Author:  Heagen [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

lanta wrote:
Impossible to connect...
First i log this morning V1.109 and it doesnt work ( normal ) ...
So i try to patch it, Boom V1.116a So it doesnt work again ...
Im patient, so i unistall the reinstal the game and let the portal make the patch.. 45 min later ...V1.116a...
Arghh...
I download the game.dll put it in my daoc file... i log V1.114 Yahooo !! but impossible to connect ...
:(
Pleeasseee Heeeelppeeeeuuhhh


You probably messed up your files, download a fresh client in a new directory, then change the path registered in DAoC Portal to the new directory.
Connect to Eden, wait for the patch, & everything should be fine.

Author:  lanta [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

I have done it again and again, when im on 1.109 and lunch eden from the daoc portal i havent any patch, just the game start.....
Then i try to put your game.dll+> hop launch in V1.114 but nothing....

Author:  Heagen [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114

lanta wrote:
I have done it again and again, when im on 1.109 and lunch eden from the daoc portal i havent any patch, just the game start.....
Then i try to put your game.dll+> hop launch in V1.114 but nothing....


You need a fresh client, changing the dll is not enough to trigger the patcher.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/