Login | Register



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm 
Administrator
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 242
Considering the amount of players using game client version 1.109 , allowing a lot of cheat tools to work
We decided to set the 1.114 the only client version available to connect to Eden.

(1.114 is the one that has been automaticaly patched by DAoC Portal,
it means: you have nothing to do if you followed the normal procedure to connect to Eden)


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 am 
Esquire
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:47 am
Posts: 6
i repatched to 1.109 a while ago and when i log into eden thru daoc portal it doesnt update to 1.114 so where can i find the 1.114 dll?


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:39 am 
Esquire
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:08 pm
Posts: 1
For eden recomended to use a fresh daoc client Live updated
1. PRE-REQUISITE

a. Download a fresh client from Live servers, and then use DAoC Portal or the Eden Launcher to automatically update your client. We are using the 1.114 version, so you can use an User Interface up to this version.

b. Once again do not use the same account name or at least the same password you used on another freeshard to prevent any "hack".

c. You will be prompted to enter a VALID email address in-game (a mail will be sent to validate your account).
It is used to recover your password if you lost it, or prove that you are the owner of the account if someone managed to steal it.


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 am 
Administrator
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am
Posts: 279
coolstorybro wrote:
i repatched to 1.109 a while ago and when i log into eden thru daoc portal it doesnt update to 1.114 so where can i find the 1.114 dll?


Once your client have been patched one time it's done, it's a one time patch, unless you use a fresh client.

But you can get it here


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:04 am 
Esquire
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 am
Posts: 2
well you guys turned this into a huge pain in the ass....


before you could dual log genesis and eden by just patching eden first then repatching genesis after....


but now you have to redo each patch in order to bounce between the 2 servers...sucks.


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 am 
Administrator
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am
Posts: 279
stan wrote:
well you guys turned this into a huge pain in the ass....


before you could dual log genesis and eden by just patching eden first then repatching genesis after....


but now you have to redo each patch in order to bounce between the 2 servers...sucks.


Like Adam said, 1.109 is a mess, there is too many cheats who works with this version.
And we don't want to spend all our time hunting cheaters (since we avoid to auto ban).

Anyway, you should really use different folders for every shard you play to avoid any problem. (at least for shard who require modified files)


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:52 am 
Esquire
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 13
Impossible to connect...
First i log this morning V1.109 and it doesnt work ( normal ) ...
So i try to patch it, Boom V1.116a So it doesnt work again ...
Im patient, so i unistall the reinstal the game and let the portal make the patch.. 45 min later ...V1.116a...
Arghh...
I download the game.dll put it in my daoc file... i log V1.114 Yahooo !! but impossible to connect ...
:(
Pleeasseee Heeeelppeeeeuuhhh


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:21 am 
Administrator
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am
Posts: 279
lanta wrote:
Impossible to connect...
First i log this morning V1.109 and it doesnt work ( normal ) ...
So i try to patch it, Boom V1.116a So it doesnt work again ...
Im patient, so i unistall the reinstal the game and let the portal make the patch.. 45 min later ...V1.116a...
Arghh...
I download the game.dll put it in my daoc file... i log V1.114 Yahooo !! but impossible to connect ...
:(
Pleeasseee Heeeelppeeeeuuhhh


You probably messed up your files, download a fresh client in a new directory, then change the path registered in DAoC Portal to the new directory.
Connect to Eden, wait for the patch, & everything should be fine.


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 am 
Esquire
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 13
I have done it again and again, when im on 1.109 and lunch eden from the daoc portal i havent any patch, just the game start.....
Then i try to put your game.dll+> hop launch in V1.114 but nothing....


Profile  Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: Minimum Client version allowed to connect set to 1.114
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 am 
Administrator
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am
Posts: 279
lanta wrote:
I have done it again and again, when im on 1.109 and lunch eden from the daoc portal i havent any patch, just the game start.....
Then i try to put your game.dll+> hop launch in V1.114 but nothing....


You need a fresh client, changing the dll is not enough to trigger the patcher.


Profile  Offline
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Panel

Top You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Search for:
Jump to: