Login | Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Server Type Choice :
PvP Server 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
i50 Thidranki 71%  71%  [ 40 ]
Mix between "i50" and a Normal server 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 56
 Post subject: Re: If Eden comeback..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:25 pm 
Esquire
ohh yah and i forgot - i know not many ppl will agree with me but i do think rp transfer is rly good for most ppl even casuals just make them "expensive" not dumb expensive but yah i like the idea lets say i play a druid got rank 5-6 and now im gettin super bored of it and i need to make a need char or w/e i personally dont care 2 much about starting from rank 1 again but i also like the idea to be able to transger all rps! like i said should be expensive so ppl rly have to think about it =D have that idea open aswell and talk about it imo i think it would be a great idea also :)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm 
Esquire
can only agree with sms , i50 no pve , rp transfert , thats all we all want

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:45 pm 
Administrator
Sya wrote:

-no i50
more time consuming to add pve,craft,dungeons,enough items to make a spellcraft than system detecting people using speedhack/flyhack (last time i remember they were pretty efficient)

Nothing is definitive, that's why there is a forum post before we launch anything.
I don't mind i50, i just mind the bad side of this thing.
So if we ask our players to xp 20 min to get a toon 50 and then they gain access to the /level 50 command (free feature) it's not a big deal, u just have to xp once and the server basically turn into an i50 for you.
And even if our anticheat is nice, there always a chance for a false positive, so we can't ban automatically, which bring us back to the time consuming thing.

Sya wrote:

-spellcraft
rlly? every people on live have a use on every slot lately, it's 2K15 and pretty much everyone cap everything,for instance people have 25% debuff/duration bonus on champion ....

Link me a real SC because i just checked Postcount & some other forums, looking for new sc, and i was doing better 3 years ago.

Sya wrote:

what is it so hard to understand to get only one zone and not 500 zones, 10 people leveling, 10 people crafting, 10 people raiding, 20 people in rvr.... ? w/e normal serv will be a flop overtime.

There is nothing hard to understand, if the situation was like 5/6 years ago on shard that will be simple.
We are looking for a small community of people who like RvR & GvG, and provide the best tools to give an easy access to this, without a too big time investment.

To resume :

- i50 : except if someone come with an awesome idea, u will have to xp 20 min to unlock the /level 50 feature, and you are done with PvE.

- Craft/Sc : we consider to use the old system, the goal is to find a way to offer different type of SC without a big abuse of /use.

- RP Transfer : like the last Eden, expensive but available.

There is still plenty things to solve, and nothing is definitive.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:58 pm 
Esquire
http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=1255095 (amnesiaa template)

25 duration/heal , 10 sp ,2 magic resist , astral cloak , other shit ... damn we dont want to craft on a freeshard put free gear , everything capped and here we go , & btw check the damage table cause last eden it was rly a strange one , tank had such a gay dps

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:00 pm 
Baronet
do what you want, but PLS keep it 99% pvp/rvr/gvg oriented. not that craft stuff you were talking about on last Eden edition. oh, and the old vip status oc.

Last edited by Zoran on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:00 pm 
Knight
use the old templates they were fine besides maybe some tweaking there and here....even if people have ton of use it's not like they can use 20 things in a fight the timer re-use is long enough to make sure of that and it never has been a game-breaking issue, dunno why would you bother wasting time and energy on that, instead of thinking how to get a server running on the long term...but w/e

lmao just open thidranki grp cap5, give free cap gear, free cl/ml (don't make the mistake to make it paid, you need them to rvr) and add missions to gets bps/gold w/e for the fancy gear (arties, charge magic resist, ml 10 stuff and so on)

just one zone only, if pop is increasing over 150+ you can go for a larger one but there is no need to open giants map for less than 150-200 active people like emain

But don't make the mistake to make it group cap 8 ever, this is what kills the action, only a few people lately can build decent 8 man grp and they put everyone to bed making people log off and then they cry because the server is empty and eventually log off themselves =)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm 
Esquire
im not sure why you rly wanna make ppl use time on spellcrafting :| it srsly doesnt make any sense in my brain :D im not saying its hard or w/e but cmon most ppl just wanna log in get free gear and rvr and if they continue to play on the server they will most likely have gotten bps/money to buy better gear you should rly consider less pve and more rvr focus (pve also being crafting or w/e) imo :D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:12 pm 
Esquire
Sya wrote:
use the old templates they were fine besides maybe some tweaking there and here....even if people have ton of use it's not like they can use 20 things in a fight the timer re-use is long enough to make sure of that and it never has been a game-breaking issue, dunno why would you bother wasting time and energy on that, instead of thinking how to get a server running on the long term...but w/e

lmao just open thidranki grp cap5, give free cap gear, free cl/ml (don't make the mistake to make it paid, you need them to rvr) and add missions to gets bps/gold w/e for the fancy gear (arties, charge magic resist, ml 10 stuff and so on)

just one zone only, if pop is increasing over 150+ you can go for a larger one but there is no need to open giants map for less than 150-200 active people like emain

But don't make the mistake to make it group cap 8 ever, this is what kills the action, only a few people lately can build decent 8 man grp and they put everyone to bed making people log off and then they cry because the server is empty and eventually log off themselves =)

i agree with everything u said pretty much :D if action is g00d u can open more zones or w/e but aslong as we dont know how action will be it should be simple smooth and easy :D even if theres 50 ppl on the server if thats 50ppl rvring its still decent and fun =D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 pm 
Administrator
Hey everyone, glad to see you're still around, and to read all your thoughts about it, it's helping,

So we're still debating, and that's good, at least I can summarize what sounds to be commonly adopted right now:

1) will be Thidranki, group cap 5
That said, there are few options,
- as we are able to edit a map, we'll probably remove 20/30% of the trees from the 4th island (the place dedicated to instant switch gvg)
- with the target : "everyone in the same zone", if we need to open the pvp area, it could also be done in Thidranki (in a new built area, outside of the standard map) which also makes it instant to switch

Concerning the leveling and gear part, it's less definitive,
but as Heagen said, it appears to be:
2) start lvl20, reach lvl50 in 20minutes, then all your toons can /level 50 instantly
as we need to merge 2 goals here : 1) faster possible access to RvR (less than 20minutes) + 2) lower hackers annoyance (as they're not able to create a fresh account and pop in RvR zone)
Summary: So it's like, once you reach the level 50, we trust your account and go ahead for i50 :)
3) the gear... well you'll cap almost everything at start, instantly and freely
that said, we'll have the time to add missing items, and may allow crafting for people who really wants to get a little bit deeper in customization
- all items will be available from merchants (no PvE required)
Summary: a) Free Gear full Cap, b) You don't "need" craft, if you don't "want" craft

edit: and yes RP transfer available, not free, but not expensive

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm 
Knight
sounds fair enough, only thing left to do send an email to your user base to get a hype "eden cming back" blabla and announce a launch date

edit: while you add the items, you might consider add a rog generator using a currency like your gold or bps, because the customization is all about rogs anyways, that's how you can get 25 debuff/duration bonus on champ on live. But keep in mind most important stuff atm is "one zone only, instant action, bug class/ra fix"

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next