Login | Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Server Type Choice :
PvP Server 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
i50 Thidranki 71%  71%  [ 40 ]
Mix between "i50" and a Normal server 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 56
 Post subject: Re: If Eden comeback..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 am 
Esquire
ML abilities are something that wont be popular over all. Daoc Portal is mainly made up of old school players, who prefer more classic daoc.

Please no ML's and CL's...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 am 
Administrator
Mcnasty wrote:
ML abilities are something that wont be popular over all. Daoc Portal is mainly made up of old school players, who prefer more classic daoc.

Please no ML's and CL's...

CL are not that big deal, it just provide an extra amount of health/mana/endo to everyone and some basic skills who are not really game changer.

ML add a more deep gameplay, placement is even more important and the speedwarp is really useful against realm zerg.

I played this game for years (2002-2012 rip), i liked the OF/SI gameplay, but i definitely prefer the Agramon/TOA period, the only thing i dislike is the way you can get unlimited mana (through mythirian & infernal sleeves, mb more now) and some other thing, but for me the gameplay is more nervous & interesting than the old one.

Everyone has his preference ofc, but since we use one of the latest patch, it make sense to use CL & ML.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 am 
Esquire
Hm well good luck with the server. ML/CL ruins it for me. People crave classic daoc, not ToA shit.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:40 am 
Esquire
server type won't matter much,

it will be a success either way, as long as Merry is a GM again.

Can't really play on a freeshard anymore without those sick mythirians that Merry and that other guy, whose name I have forgotten, were gently handing out to those who knew, the enlightened ones.

Last edited by hawkje on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:41 am 
Esquire
+100 PvP server like modred !!!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 am 
Esquire
Just another flop, don't bother.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:06 pm 
Baronet
hawkje wrote:
server type won't matter much,

it will be a success either way, as long as Merry is a GM again.

Can't really play on a freeshard anymore without those sick mythirians that Merry and that other guy, whose name I have forgotten, were gently handing out to those who knew, the enlightened ones.

Admins know that I will never work with Merry as a GM, and since Heagen asked me if I am still interested in being around, I assume they didn't even consider making Merry a GM again.

As for Kaidance, I believe they are trying to make a stable i50 server, not an Uthgard-type server. DAoC is pretty much a thing of the past right now, and most of the players are playing it with a nostalgia feeling attached to it, most of them experienced most, if not all, DAoC has to offer.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:07 pm 
Esquire
please also do not allow multiboxing, it was impossible to solo as a visible vs this bullshit.. getting instagibbed by 7-8 archers controlled by one person wasnt fun

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:24 pm 
Knight
Heagen wrote:
Based on what we read, what we heard and people we talk with, we may go for a mix of "i50" and a normal server.

It's still work in progress, but we may go for this :

- No i50, leveling required (don't scream, just read)
The problem with i50 is the tremendous amount of hackers, they just have to change their ip, and they are ready to mess up everything in RvR.

- SpellCraft, Craft, Items
On the last Eden we had a lot of complain about our gearing system, many people wanted to makes their own SC, and the other bad thing about that was simple : too many /use available.
Since everything was capped without the need of items, it was simple to have a use in every slots, we don't want that any more, since it kill a part of the gameplay.

Areas, RvR, GvG, PvP
Each realm will have access to its mainland (including OF), BUT the only RvR zone available is Thidranki, so the mainland is just here for leveling, farming, crafting, trading.. exploring ?..
We will open Emain Macha ONLY if the server reach a good population (150+).

For the GvG we let the 4th isle available for this, if there is enough request we can open Agramon, with the spectator feature.

Concerning the PvP, it will be disabled by default like the last Eden, it will only open if there is too much players in RvR.

Rp rate is not going to be huge, but better than the last Eden ( last Eden: 1000~ rps for a solo kill, we aim for 2000/3000 this time)

PvE
Simple mob bashing, no quest (at start at least), we may add epic encounter later, but at the very beginning nothing huge, just F8 DD for getting money, xp & scales/seals.

Groupcap
If we use Thidranki i think we gonna use a group cap of 5 players, for those who want to do 8v8 in GvG it's not a problem since we can open Agramon for them.
So, except if someone have a bad ass argumentation for using a cap of 8 players instead of 5..

Trade
Housing system, but without the housing (at least at start), so you will be able to trade easily from the capital city of your realm.

-no i50
more time consuming to add pve,craft,dungeons,enough items to make a spellcraft than system detecting people using speedhack/flyhack (last time i remember they were pretty efficient)

-spellcraft
rlly? every people on live have a use on every slot lately, it's 2K15 and pretty much everyone cap everything,for instance people have 25% debuff/duration bonus on champion ....

there are other ways to ensure a long-term server than adding some trash pve ^^

what is it so hard to understand to get only one zone and not 500 zones, 10 people leveling, 10 people crafting, 10 people raiding, 20 people in rvr.... ? w/e normal serv will be a flop overtime.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:06 pm 
Esquire
dont get me wrong i know you dont wanna make a "no brain rvr server" but i think you should "noob" it down at first and only have 1 open zone so it makes action in rvr no matter how you put it ppl will play here only for the rvr but ppl also want best gear be in pvp zone craft to get better gear w/e and i get that but you should rly consider only havin 1 zone and see how the population is if it goes booming and loads of ppl come you can open more zones or however you wanna do it like the guy said above me if theres 80 ppl on the server and everyone is rvring no one is pveing crafting or w/e thats still 80 ppl in rvr and thats fine action wise - - i also agree 5 man should be grp cap - - - but you should rly think how you wanna open the server i personally dont think many ppl wanna pve i like the idea if u got a lvl 50 on your acc you can get as many lvl 50s you want on the acc if that helps agains cheaters but dont make ppl lvl from 1-50 everytime thats just dumb and a waste of time also dont let ppl pve for gear thats 10-15ppl that pves 10ppl that crafts 10ppl thats afk = less action in thid - if server is going to be rly active and loads of ppl is here you could open up pvp zones maybe some pve zones but server should be mostly as 99.9% rvr focused imo - also i like the idea you can buy everything with bps ( and the rly good item with money you get in rvr thats fine like the ml10 stuff)

also like someone said dont allow macro grps i know it gives number to the server but more ppl will leave coz dont wanna get shot by 4-8 rangers etc :p

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next