Login | Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Server Type Choice :
PvP Server 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
i50 Thidranki 71%  71%  [ 40 ]
Mix between "i50" and a Normal server 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 56
 Post subject: Re: If Eden comeback..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:48 am 
Knight
Sms wrote:
Why is this even a question how many servers made it with all the crafting and pve last eden was meh aswell i know the freeshard population isnt what it used to be and ppl is way more lazy (me aswell) if imo you want a freeshard that doesnt die after 2 weeks you need to have ppl not pve and just log in and pvp there should be almost no pve imo (perhaps theres always gonna be those that wanna spend 1239430 hours in some bp zone to get the best gear and thats fine) but it shouldnt be needed to farm to cap everything also up the rps abit so casuals and random 101 ppl that just wanna have fun can get rps and get to a decent rr and get purge/charge or w/e the fuck you want so its just not the 2-3 grps that plays everyday that gets high rr fast and can just rape everyone coz no moc no win =D make it like some of the older edens pretty much less pve more rvr even if theres 80 ppl on the server thats 80 ppl in rvr and not 15 in rvr 30 gettin shitty dragon armor or farming bps or w/e :C bring back a server that just want ppl to rvr and not farm farm farm after all its a freeshard if ppl wanted to pve to get a fully capped char you would most likely play live =D also no pvp zone the freeshard population just doesnt have the numbers to have 10 ppl in there and 20 ppl tryin to get in there thats 30 less in the main rvr zone if ppl wanna play on some shitty pvp server let them play there imo or force them to go out in rvr and hope for the 1v1s if thats what they wanna do :D

tldr; i50 thidranki.

Exactly,let's be realistic if you want to pve you will most likely play on live or pve oriented serv like genesis/uthgard which have invested years into this with a dedicated staff.

One and only zone would be for the best, log in and insta action ....no shitty random pve of any kind just to say "hey, i want to invest time in my character because it's a mmorp and it's a given you have to be a fkn dummy hitting ia all day...", please it's 2K15 nearly, everyone is past that hopefully.

It's not like there will be 200 active people 24/7 but if you get around atleast 50/60+ people active at all times in ONE ZONE ONLY, that's all you need to get a decent action going.

Live servers are a fkn flop because you need to form with 8 people which takes a fkn amount of time, then you roam in the fkn wind because of the giant maps which dont mean anything nowadays compared to the core players and after 30 minutes you will eventually find a zerg ("for the realm" yeyeye....)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:51 am 
Esquire
Quote:
Why is this even a question how many servers made it with all the crafting and pve last eden was meh aswell i know the freeshard population isnt what it used to be and ppl is way more lazy (me aswell) if imo you want a freeshard that doesnt die after 2 weeks you need to have ppl not pve and just log in and pvp there should be almost no pve imo (perhaps theres always gonna be those that wanna spend 1239430 hours in some bp zone to get the best gear and thats fine) but it shouldnt be needed to farm to cap everything also up the rps abit so casuals and random 101 ppl that just wanna have fun can get rps and get to a decent rr and get purge/charge or w/e the fuck you want so its just not the 2-3 grps that plays everyday that gets high rr fast and can just rape everyone coz no moc no win =D make it like some of the older edens pretty much less pve more rvr even if theres 80 ppl on the server thats 80 ppl in rvr and not 15 in rvr 30 gettin shitty dragon armor or farming bps or w/e :C bring back a server that just want ppl to rvr and not farm farm farm after all its a freeshard if ppl wanted to pve to get a fully capped char you would most likely play live =D also no pvp zone the freeshard population just doesnt have the numbers to have 10 ppl in there and 20 ppl tryin to get in there thats 30 less in the main rvr zone if ppl wanna play on some shitty pvp server let them play there imo or force them to go out in rvr and hope for the 1v1s if thats what they wanna do :D

tldr; i50 thidranki.

I completely agree as well. Ariadolis had the right idea...login, lvl 50, full cap gear, and earning BP's towards legendary weapons was an awesome idea as well. No point in pve for daoc any longer

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am 
Esquire
I don't know if i like the idea of full cap gear because it really benefits hybrids

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 am 
Knight
coolstorybro wrote:
I don't know if i like the idea of full cap gear because it really benefits hybrids

eden should have templates approximating the one on live, and the temp you can do on live anyways nowadays are nearly full cap gear so it's nearly irrelevant.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:27 am 
Esquire
PVP server.

Insta level 30
Free starting gear
Allow buffbotting
Make a PvP zone for 50's to find each other easily... or give bonuses to RP in SI cities..
No Cl, ML.. old styles/abilities.. New RA's
Boosted XP
Craft speed x5, Half the cost of crafting

Too many blue servers, and imo.. they're not fun with such a small population.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 am 
Esquire
mancave wrote:
PVP server.

Insta level 30
Free starting gear
Allow buffbotting
Make a PvP zone for 50's to find each other easily... or give bonuses to RP in SI cities..
No Cl, ML.. old styles/abilities.. New RA's
Boosted XP
Craft speed x5, Half the cost of crafting

Too many blue servers, and imo.. they're not fun with such a small population.

No buffbotting! Then everyone is forced to dual account...just do NPC buffbots.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 am 
Esquire
Yeah, that makes sense. May aswell just allow everyone buffs without the aggravation of dual logging.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 am 
Administrator
Based on what we read, what we heard and people we talk with, we may go for a mix of "i50" and a normal server.

It's still work in progress, but we may go for this :

- No i50, leveling required (don't scream, just read)
Yeah fuck leveling, it's boring and so 2k2...
The problem with i50 is the tremendous amount of hackers, they just have to change their ip, and they are ready to mess up everything in RvR.
We do not have any problems to detect & ban them, but it's time consuming, so when we are busy hunting them down, it's less time for working on the bug list, new features and so on...
Okay, you gonna level it's sad, but it's faster than Live (10/15min to reach the level 50 with a group), and once you reach the level 50 you will be able to buy a token to reach instantly the level 50 with other characters.
It's not that painful to level, and we will provide easy access to level areas (and leveling gear).
At the end, it's a win-win for both players & admins.

- SpellCraft, Craft, Items
On the last Eden we had a lot of complain about our gearing system, many people wanted to makes their own SC, and the other bad thing about that was simple : too many /use available.
Since everything was capped without the need of items, it was simple to have a use in every slots, we don't want that any more, since it kill a part of the gameplay.
So we gonna provide a large amount of items (ML10, Dragons, SI, Kings Armors, Pictish...), you will have no difficulty to make a good SC.
MasterLevel, Champion Level, Artifacts available ofc.

For the craft, you will have to level it, but at a accelerated rate (5 points per items, mb more).
We can't provide ready to use SC for the lazy one, since it require more work, and we have other priority atm, but if things goes well, a NPC will be able to sc your items parts in exchange of a huge amount of money (crafters will be cheaper), so you will just have to make your shopping at our npc merchants.

For the items part, it's simple, most of it are available with gold, you can get gold by killing mobs or players (more money gained from players), some items like dragons will require Dragon Scales (like live), you can get it in PvE (2/5 scales per mob), not sure if it's necessary to put it in RvR, since it's fast. (scales, seals are here to provide something to trade & make money, especially for new players later)
We do not know if we gonna create "high end" items like ML10 items, available through bountypoints (RvR only) or not, we are open to suggestion.

Areas, RvR, GvG, PvP
Each realm will have access to its mainland (including OF), BUT the only RvR zone available is Thidranki, so the mainland is just here for leveling, farming, crafting, trading.. exploring ?..
We will open Emain Macha ONLY if the server reach a good population (150+).

For the GvG we let the 4th isle available for this, if there is enough request we can open Agramon, with the spectator feature.

Concerning the PvP, it will be disabled by default like the last Eden, it will only open if there is too much players in RvR.

Rp rate is not going to be huge, but better than the last Eden ( last Eden: 1000~ rps for a solo kill, we aim for 2000/3000 this time)

PvE
Simple mob bashing, no quest (at start at least), we may add epic encounter later, but at the very beginning nothing huge, just F8 DD for getting money, xp & scales/seals.

Groupcap
If we use Thidranki i think we gonna use a group cap of 5 players, for those who want to do 8v8 in GvG it's not a problem since we can open Agramon for them.
So, except if someone have a bad ass argumentation for using a cap of 8 players instead of 5..

Trade
Housing system, but without the housing (at least at start), so you will be able to trade easily from the capital city of your realm.

Buffbot will be available ofc, but without endo regen to push player to use pots & RA =)

I think that's it, except if i missed something, let me know if it's the case.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:44 am 
Esquire
So ML items, but no ML abilities/levels right?

If it's i50 and players are banned..it's not like they only lose a lvl 50, they will lose their RR as well. It seems like it'd pretty much be the same as if you made it 10-15 minutes to level to 50.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 am 
Administrator
Mcnasty wrote:
So ML items, but no ML abilities/levels right?

Oops, available ofc, edited.

Mcnasty wrote:
If it's i50 and players are banned..it's not like they only lose a lvl 50, they will lose their RR as well. It seems like it'd pretty much be the same as if you made it 10-15 minutes to level to 50.

You don't need gear or RR when you have a level 50 toon stuck in the top of a tree bolting pp =)

And it's not only for characters spam, so this way there is a cost for cheating, even for "normal" players.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next