Login | Register

Post subject: Server Status?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:44 pm 
Esquire
So since Genesis has fucked up, would it be a suitable time for Eden to rise from the ashes? :P

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Server Status?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:17 pm 
Baronet
The problem is the playerbase, it is shrinking on a weekly basis. Our coders have no intentions to put out a server for 20 players.

Sorry to hear that about Genesis, but it was known that the server will slowly fade away, especially after the initial hype.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm 
Esquire
Brutell wrote:
The problem is the playerbase, it is shrinking on a weekly basis. Our coders have no intentions to put out a server for 20 players.

Sorry to hear that about Genesis, but it was known that the server will slowly fade away, especially after the initial hype.

Actually this is wrong, and i registered here just to post this. Genesis came out with what people wanted (and still want) ... a SI classic server, and i am one of them.
The only reason their population dropped to next to zero was a combination of an unplayable server for months and stupid staff decisions. We all know once a server loses its pop it doesnt come back.

However.... those thousands upon thousands of accounts do still want a classic SI server, and the next fresh server to give them that will get and keep those players as long as the server works.
Who knows what Uthgard are doing, but theoretically if Eden was able to put out a working SI server before Uthgard, it would be the big one.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm 
Baronet
In all honesty, I do not know the decisions the Genesis staff has made, as I did not follow the evolution of the server, so I have to take your word for it, whatever those decision they may be.

However, we actually experimented with SI-type of a server (we had 2 server types running on one) after a lot of players wanted that. It was mainly bug-free as Adam did spend a lot of time on it and we tested all abilities accordingly, but there were no players playing it, even though they held a major uproar to have it in the classic SI setting.

Eden has always been a type of server that is keeping up with the live changes as we do not want a stale server with no changes, and making custom balance changes only brings players to question and flame on every change.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 pm 
Esquire
Brutell wrote:
In all honesty, I do not know the decisions the Genesis staff has made, as I did not follow the evolution of the server, so I have to take your word for it, whatever those decision they may be.

However, we actually experimented with SI-type of a server (we had 2 server types running on one) after a lot of players wanted that. It was mainly bug-free as Adam did spend a lot of time on it and we tested all abilities accordingly, but there were no players playing it, even though they held a major uproar to have it in the classic SI setting.

Eden has always been a type of server that is keeping up with the live changes as we do not want a stale server with no changes, and making custom balance changes only brings players to question and flame on every change.

When was it released though? Genesis hit it perfectly when Uthgard was getting stale on pre-SI, and live had finally gone too bad that players started looking elsewhere.
This is a great time for an SI server as Genesis showed, but unfortunately having all zones freeze up for hours at a time, and constant freezes in rvr making it unplayable, ruined it.
They have it running solid now apparently, but their chance has passed and people wont go back to play against chars who exploited their way through everything.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:32 pm 
Baronet
Ohai wrote:
Brutell wrote:

When was it released though? Genesis hit it perfectly when Uthgard was getting stale on pre-SI, and live had finally gone too bad that players started looking elsewhere.
This is a great time for an SI server as Genesis showed, but unfortunately having all zones freeze up for hours at a time, and constant freezes in rvr making it unplayable, ruined it.
They have it running solid now apparently, but their chance has passed and people wont go back to play against chars who exploited their way through everything.

If I can remember correctly, it was released when Uthgard and Eden were the prime-population servers (along with some PvP servers with 40-50 population). It was implemented on Eden before this one and many players did not want to venture there, they preferred the Eden PvP zone along with RvR and standard GvG.

On other note, Adam and Heagen (if I remember correctly) both dislike the SI era as it was full of imbalance, which means custom changes to certain things, reducing the cooldowns of possibly all abilities (30 mins on IP was an overkill etc). If they were to code a server to those rules, our GvG zone wouldn't be as it used to be, and not to mention the code that is currently used on freeshards is "kinda" messed up in the weaponskill/weapon damage and it is not 100% livelike. On an SI server, Berserkers, Savages and alike actually do too much damage than what would they have done on live back in the day.

As admins know, I would be up for being a GM on whatever server these guys put out, so would Cape (he created almost all zones), but they simply feel it is a waste of time to try and please the community, as many just hop on the hypetrain and leave after a month.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 pm 
Knight
staff still dont get it....right?

after ~500 uthgard playerwave left eden, there were still enough good players for rvr. check statistics when players left: feb, march, april. we left because no rvr patches & fixes and no remove "unfair" things like traitors dagger procs and some unbalanced skills (primary and secondary resists) and styles ... you just working on that epic-fail pve garden eden idea, new launcher ...

uthgard was shut down, because ppl go to genesis, there was no: humn, let's do a revamp on uth and shut it down now. it was the reactio because noone was on server! after that si-clowns are done with genesis and uth is rdy, they'll go back.
play si-only is like sill love your gf from kindergarden - now she is slow, ugly and fat. si players just want to lvl toons, after some time they always get it: patches were needed -> no only-si anymore ;)

look at faith fs, i50 rvr with custom areas (just 1vs1) always ~30 ppl on it.

my 0,5 cents

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 pm 
Baronet
buju wrote:
staff still dont get it....right?

after ~500 uthgard playerwave left eden, there were still enough good players for rvr. check statistics when players left: feb, march, april. we left because no rvr patches & fixes and no remove "unfair" things like traitors dagger procs and some unbalanced skills (primary and secondary resists) and styles ... you just working on that epic-fail pve garden eden idea, new launcher ...

uthgard was shut down, because ppl go to genesis, there was no: humn, let's do a revamp on uth and shut it down now. it was the reactio because noone was on server! after that si-clowns are done with genesis and uth is rdy, they'll go back.
play si-only is like sill love your gf from kindergarden - now she is slow, ugly and fat. si players just want to lvl toons, after some time they always get it: patches were needed -> no only-si anymore ;)

look at faith fs, i50 rvr with custom areas (just 1vs1) always ~30 ppl on it.

my 0,5 cents

totally agree.

Profile  Offline